Associate Director, Solutions Consulting EMEA
- Wood Lane, London, United Kingdom
About Publicis Media
Publicis Media is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe, alongside Publicis Communications, Publicis.Sapient and Publicis Healthcare. Led by Steve King, CEO, Publicis Media is powered by its four global brands, Starcom, Zenith, Spark Foundry and Blue 449, and supported by its digital-first, data-driven Global Practices which together deliver client value and business transformation. Publicis Media is committed to helping its clients navigate the modern media landscape and is present in more than 100 countries with over 13,500 employees worldwide.
Trust is the cornerstone upon which we build our relationships. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of how a partner should behave. We treat our people and our clients with respect, transparency and honesty.
This is first and foremost a people business. We are committed to ensuring Publicis Media a destination for the best talent in our industry. We value people as individuals, growing ourselves as we grow our client’s business.
True transformation comes when we stop managing change, and instead initiate change. We believe in our purpose to be the admired force for business transformation. We believe that focusing on performance and results has the power to transform client business.
The Associate Director, Solutions Consulting EMEA will be responsible for consulting Publicis Media Agencies and Advertisers on their data-driven marketing approach, programmatic advertising and marketing technology with a focus on Data Management Platforms (DMP’s), Customer Data Platforms (CDPs), clean room solutions, as well as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party audience data strategy. The Manager solves strategic marketing challenges through the application of advanced data sets to ensure clients audience data as well as digital and programmatic investments are as efficient and as effective as possible.
This role reports to the Solutions Consulting Director within the central Precision EMEA Consulting team, a practice within Publicis Media. The role supports the Publicis Media agencies and other Publicis Media Practices, Strategic Partners, and clients to create integrated solutions to solve each client’s most pressing marketing challenges, working in concert with Agency, Product Management, Analytics, Operations, and other teams.
The Senior Manager is an energetic individual who possesses a combination of strong analytic, problem solving and client facing skills, working as an integral part of the Publicis Media Precision practice. The role requires the ability to seamlessly support the Solutions Consulting team by contributing to the development of Publicis offered data-enabled solutions and services, to help advertisers solve marketing challenges with technology and data.
PM Precision is Publicis Media’s data-informed, tech-enabled trading practice. Precision helps brands reach audiences on highly viewable, fraud free media. By applying best in class data and tech capabilities, Precision delivers a more efficient ad-tech supply chain with curated inventory and data. Precision encompasses agency-embedded teams that provide greater strategic alignment with clients and buying teams. Agency teams are supported by a centralized team for shared resources, best practices, tech audits and partnership management. Precision spans product strategists, marketers, solutions consultants, activation specialists, ad-ops and data scientists.
Support the end-to-end audience management consultancy practice across pre-sales engagements, client consulting projects and longer-term incubation into agencies.
- Support the rollout of our data-driven maturity framework across key clients and agencies in EMEA, with the purpose of auditing, tracking and developing strategic roadmaps to help advance our client’s data-driven marketing maturity.
- Actively contribute towards the development of integrated new products, tools and services provided to clients as it relates to DMP and CDP strategy, implementation and operations.
- Actively participate and facilitate strategic workshops for clients and agency teams.
- Collaborate with agencies and external partners in EMEA on client’s AdTech and MarTech strategy to uncover needs and priorities.
- Help develop partnerships with agency teams, internal specialist practices (CRM, Sapient, etc) and enterprise partners through developing and sharing relevant collateral, as well as supporting joint pipeline management.
- Support client project design and scoping where required.
- Identify and liaise with leading vendors to ideate and innovate for Precision to ensure Publicis Groupe has access to market leading solutions.
Client Consulting Projects (Post-Sales Implementation):
- Provide day-to-day strategic and operational support for the management of DMP, CDP and clean room solutions (e.g. use case design, audience framework, platform integration, data analysis, etc).
- Support technical consultants throughout the technical onboarding and implementation phase where necessary (taxonomy design, tag deployment, troubleshoot data collection and validation, etc).
- Act as a specialist consultant to agency planning and digital teams to design campaign-based strategies, test frameworks and build use case roadmaps.
- After delivering proof of concept for long-term projects, e.g. DMP or CDP implementation, help incubate on-going management into local agency team through providing operational and tactical training and support.
- Work with specialist teams (e.g. Analytics, CRM, etc) to providing key learnings and considerations for ongoing strategic improvements, producing regular case studies on data-driven marketing and insights to help upsell additional services.
- Support Director level-led projects, as a key contributor during client facing consulting projects covering advanced MarTech innovation and solutions delivery.
- Produce thought leadership and inspiring POVs covering market advancements and trends covering AdTech and MarTech, such as the deprecation of third party cookies and the impact on marketers.
- Provide in person education to agency and client teams to help increase knowledge of data enabled opportunities, and be able to communicate the value of them succinctly, in a way that marketing professionals can relate to and get behind.
- Be practically knowledgeable in advertising technologies such as DMPs, CDPs, journey orchestration platforms, clean room solutions, ad servers, DSPs, ad exchanges, cross-device tracking technologies, site optimization platforms, website analytics systems, dynamic creative optimizers, data modelers, browsers, etc.
- Have a foundational understanding of marketing technologies such as marketing clouds, CDPs, email service platforms, etc.
- Understand the standard workflows and metrics involved in digital marketing programs including how to traffic a media and data campaign, calculate cost (CPM, CPC, CPA), and measure performance (ROI, ROAS, CTR, CPA, AOV, RPV, Conversion Rate, etc.)
- Be capable of inventing and architecting complex technological solutions to solve specific marketing challenges.
- 5+ years of experience in a combination of client services, consulting, programmatic media & DMP management
- Working knowledge of Oracle, Salesforce and Adobe Marketing Cloud platforms is preferred.
- Comfortable supporting complex multi-dimensional engagements that combine agency services (digital and direct), data management, consulting, and large technology deployments
- Possess a charismatic, engaging personality and can successfully interact with senior/executive level client contacts
- Have the ability to grow client relationships through new strategies and innovative ideas.
- Be a self-motivated operator
- Be comfortable with speaking to clients on a daily basis and navigating a matrixed global organization.
- Advanced degree preferred