Commercial Finance Manager
- Wood Lane, London, United Kingdom
About Publicis Media
Publicis Media is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe, alongside Publicis Communications, Publicis.Sapient and Publicis Healthcare. Led by Steve King, CEO, Publicis Media is powered by its four global brands, Starcom, Zenith, Mediavest|Spark and Optimedia|Blue 449, and supported by its digital-first, data-driven Global Practices which together deliver client value and business transformation. Publicis Media is committed to helping its clients navigate the modern media landscape and is present in more than 100 countries with over 13,500 employees worldwide.
Trust is the cornerstone upon which we build our relationships. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of how a partner should behave.
We treat our people and our clients with respect, transparency and honesty.
This is first and foremost a people business. We are committed to ensuring Publicis Media a destination for the best talent in our industry. We value people as individuals, growing ourselves as we grow our client’s business.
True transformation comes when we stop managing change, and instead initiate change. We believe in our purpose to be the admired force for business transformation. We believe that focusing on performance and results has the power to transform client business.
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Director, the Commercial Finance Manager will be expected to support the commercial team with co-ordinating financial information across all markets for global clients. They will also be the main contact for finance queries for the client and agency markets.
Teamwork, proactivity, and ability to meet deadlines is very important in a small team.
Excellent communication skills are essentials, especially when dealing with colleagues where English is not their first language
This role sits within the commercial team but will also work closely with the finance and client teams.
- Prepare a commercial timeline of all reporting to be completed within the fiscal year;
- FTE preparation and reconciliation - reviewing costings, hours reports, formulas and calculations;
- Collate and review the annual bonus calculations and assist with any queries;
- Preparation of reports for commercial adhoc, monthly, bi annual and annual meetings with clients;
- Collate and review overdue debt reports for markets, and assist with any queries;
- Coordinating with legal on commercial contracts for clients;
- Regular interaction with client procurement
- Oversee with client director scopes of work and ensure out of scope work captured, costed and highlighted
- Ad hoc commercial and finance queries across clients.
- Occasional support of new business pitches, particularly aggregating, analysing and reporting staffing data and other types of commercial data such as commission rates, payment terms, etc.
Functional expertise – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do his/her job at a high level of accomplishment, in line with his/her position in the organisation and his/her seniority. Has a good command of the field. Must be comfortable with data management, finance systems & excel formula (VLOOKUP/ SUMIF/ Pivot tables)
Attention to detail – looks for errors in own work before sharing. Accuracy is paramount.
Diligence – a conscientious attitude towards meeting tight deadlines and possession of good time management to manage multiple tasks.
Proactivity - able to take initiative and work independently to complete tasks, but also maintain good coordination with the commercial team
Client focus - dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of external and internal clients; get first-hand information and uses it for improvements in product services; acts with clients in mind;
Results orientated - Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful or acting with a minimum of planning; seize opportunities and is very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and other for results.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office, but specifically Excel.
- Ability to understand and construct detailed spreadsheets is essential, and any proficiency with VBA is desirable.
- Financial background or quantitative discipline and commercial negotiation experience advantageous
- Excellent communication skills in various methods