Digital Media Strategist Account Lead
- 10 Muswell Rd S, Bryanston, Sandton, 2191, South Africa
We create experiences people love and actions brands need.
When we combine our deep understanding of people with our unmatched expertise in media, magic happens: experiences get invited in, not filtered out.
Data guides us to opportunity, uncovering what people want and how to reach them. Technology makes personalisation and relevance possible. Creativity makes it magic.
A Digital Media Strategist at Starcom is expected to be data driven, insights lead and a creative thinker, who strives to make meaningful impact on the business.
This role demands confidence, presence and the skills to make a meaningful impact. Never just taking and executing orders, Starcom Digital Strategists are expected to direct, inspire and add value at every turn.
A high level of collaboration, a willingness to teach others and a real desire to push the boundaries is what will be expected.
In addition, this role requires a high level of accountability and responsibility over the digital media investments we are entrusted to manage.
Some working outside the standard working hours may be necessary.
The Job Purpose:
- To demonstrate real passion, care and vision for the brands in your portfolio.
- To be accountable for the successful delivery of digital media strategies, touchpoint recommendations, media opportunity evaluations and reports across online and offline channels.
- Work collaboratively with the communications strategists within and outside of the Publicis Groupe.
- Deliver ongoing incremental media improvements, based on post campaign analyses, MMM’s and audit results.
- To deeply understand the market, audiences and segments that will unlock market growth and opportunity on your portfolio.
- To unearth and deliver the best media owner relationships that deliver business outcomes and creative media opportunities.
- To produce award-winning entries and case studies that demonstrate real impact and results for our clients – for internal and external awards.
- Together with the team, successfully meet the client’s contracted KPI’s and the commercial targets.
- Work closely with the Digital Ad Operations team to ensure the smooth running and executions of campaign. This requires that one follow the Ad Operations process to maintained in the most frictionless operation possible.
- Make best use of Publicis research and optimization tools.
- Drive the client’s digital transformation journey in Personalization @ Scale and their path to conversion optimization.
- To grow the strategic reputation of the agency by delivering world-class strategic excellence.
- Resolve digital media related issues with a solution driven mindset, whilst maintaining strong relationships with colleagues, agency partners, media owners and clients.
- Work collaboratively with the Digital Media Analyst responsible for reporting and dashboard managements, for effective and timeously delivery of live connections and reports.
- Produce digital media plans, in line with the strategies and KPI’s recommended in your strategic recommendations.
- Ensure budgets are properly managed and financial losses mitigated due to under / over-spends.
- Deliver on any digital media reports or requirements required by global or regional agency partners or hubs.
- Work collaboratively with the buyers to ensure billing is conducted on time and queries are resolved on time.
- Work collaboratively with the AdOps team to maintain highest taxonomy standards.
- Work collaboratively with the Power of One creative team to contribute to status meeting and minutes.
- Maintain an overarching flow plan and spend forecast
- Maintain an up-to-date status document
- Effectively complete and deliver global reporting
What you can expect in an average week:
You will be involved with numerous brand managers, so it’s important to develop a good understanding and identify specific business needs for each one.
Your average week may include:
- Attend key strategic briefings, status meetings and integration meetings with agency partners
- Produce and present media strategies and the accompanying media schedules.
- Prepare and deliver insights decks on consumer and media trends, digital landscape, COVID impact and eCommerce landscape - in partnership with the Research & Insights team and the Head of Digital for Publicis Media.
- Share pertinent and relevant insights reports, from anyone of our long list of resources.
- Be present and on time, to all required meetings.
- Work collaboratively with our colleagues, global teams and creative agency partners.
- Review and direct all offline and online media outputs.
- Collaboratively work with the admin and reporting teams to deliver reports and proof of flighting on time. Access the campaign management systems and live dashboards to draw reporting data from. Pull together the final PCA’s, insights and strategic direction on post campaign reports.
- Work with your digital media planner to effectively produce media schedules and brief such schedules into AdOperations.
- Work collaboratively within the Digital Advertising Operations, Client Success, Media Buying, Creative and Strategics Power-of-One Teams.
- Write and present internal briefs across all digital disciplines, monitor progress, direct optimization changes, avoid under / over-spends and add provide insight to post campaign reports.
- Sign off and approve all digital media billing packs relevant to your portfolio, to ensure alignment and avoid under and overspends.
- Update monthly forecasting reports.
- Ensure the Mediatools platform is kept up to date and digital integrations are added and maintained.
- Produce at least two case studies and enter two awards per annum.
- Keep your Google, Facebook, Twitter and any other required media owner certifications up to date and participate in required training sessions.
- Ensure that your time sheets are maintained and timeously updated.
- A marketing / media / communications degree, diploma or certificate
- Google Fundamentals of Digital Marketing
- Google Analytics
- Google Ads Video
- Google Shopping Ads
- Google Display Ads
- Google Ads Search
- Facebook Blueprint Planning
- At least 5 years of digital media strategy experience in agency
- Must have worked on a global account
- Africa Continent preferred
- Able to effectively project manage
- Comfortable Presenting
- Numerically strong and analytically able
- Strong communicator with effective interpersonal relationships across team and clients
- Advanced IT skills including Microsoft Word, best-in-class Power Point, Excel, Outlook and web-based applications.
- The ability to synthesize and reduce different inputs to create a well-considered and accurate representative view.
- English fluency and language skills for effective business writing
- Strong presentation skills
- Solid data interpretation and analytics skills
- Be able to exercise strategic principles and structured thinking to tackle business development projects assigned by client
- Be able to select appropriate frameworks, tools and approaches to use in solving client problems
- Develop strategies that interpret cultural and social trends as well as data relevant to client business
- Is open to constructive feedback and challenges accordingly.
- Is effective at building relationships and working as a team
- Shows leadership and decision-making ability
- Manages change well – adapts and remains flexible to business priorities
- Ability to collaborate without ego as well as work effectively independently
- Is willing to transfer skills and share knowledge openly
- Ability to self-start and self-manage
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after submitting your application, please consider your application as unsuccessful
Publics group is proud to be an Equal opportunity employer and prohibits any forms of Discrimination or Harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees in line with our Employment Equity plan. All appointments will be based on Qualifications, experience and best fit but preference will be given to all affirmation action candidates or designated groups.