- 445 King St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1K4, Canada
A three-time SABRE Canadian Agency of the Year winner (2015, 2016, 2019) North has achieved unprecedented success since launching in 2011. North disrupts the industry with its approach to PR, influencer, social and digital, establishing itself as a Canadian agency leader.
Where other agencies begin to stagnate, North has found the sweet spot between boutique and large agency: this ‘nine-year-old start-up’ is running on fresh momentum.
What’s the secret? While a slew of major new clients are tapping the team for their unique blend of expertise, many of North’s "OG" clients are expanding their work with the agency, fuelling organic growth.
We're an agency all about taking risks, thinking big and a true belief that good ideas can come from anywhere.
(And yes, the rumours are true: North is a "No timesheet agency.")
As an Account Coordinator, you will be working as part of an account team that develops and delivers strategic, creative client programs. Your job is to tell the client’s story and relentlessly pursue the best ROI, with a focus on executing programs and developing client relationships. An essential ingredient of your success is the ability to partner and collaborate with a number of internal and external stakeholders.
We’re looking for a passionate strategic, creative and analytical thinker and team player who can create cross-channel media strategies for our clients.
Ideally, this candidate will have 1 year of experience in an agency environment.
Some of the amazing work you’ll do:
- Provide exceptional results for our clients in social media communications, public relations, events, and media relations
- Exhibit a solid understanding of client information including general business strategy, industry issues and key stakeholders
- Help develop award-winning, insightful and creative ideas to drive results and brand influence for our clients
- Contribute to strategic social media campaigns to grow client communities and achieve business goals
- Craft and deliver targeted content: write, edit and proofread a full range of materials, such as content calendars (including quick photo and video development), press releases, fact sheets, pitch letters, blog posts, client emails/reports, status grids, activity reports, etc.
- Exhibit a strong understanding of social media platforms and metrics to contribute toward KPIs, report development and analysis
- Help to execute paid media campaigns – assist with copywriting, content development, budget management, execution on social platforms, campaign management and reporting
- Contribute to strategies around customer service-related issues to enhance Brand community experience
- Help to manage influencer-based campaigns – work with the account team to brief influencers, manage content execution, client feedback and track results
- Be relentless in the pursuit of program effectiveness: manage day-to-day program activities, overall program implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Manage multiple facets of client programs including research and insights, strategy development, campaign execution, analytics and reporting
- Draft, edit and provide highly engaging content to all media materials including editorial pieces, media advisories, press releases, fact sheets and briefing books. Strong writing skills are required.
- Use strong insights and detailed consumer research to inform brand strategy
- Build strong relationships with media contacts (written and verbal outreach) while effectively managing media lists
- Participate in client presentations and support new business pitches specific to social and web strategies, investigative research, campaign analysis, monitoring, etc.
Our successful candidate will possess some of the following attributes below. This is just a starting point – if you feel you don’t meet the suggested experience and/or skills, we still encourage you to apply!
Who you are:
- Post-graduate diploma in Public Relations, Corporate Communications or related discipline
- Ideally, 1 year of experience in Public Relations
- Experience in media relations, social media, event management and influencer relations; event planning and execution experience is a plus
- Passionate about working with exciting international brands
- Entrepreneurial spirit and excitement to become an integral part of a new kind of agency
- Excellent communication skills, dynamic team player, excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. is a bonus
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Superior time management and organizational abilities
- Shows strong initiative as an entrepreneurial thinker to take independent actions and calculated risks
- Strong interpersonal abilities to effectively manage all internal and external relationships
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment and work well under pressure
Why North Strategic? Something we’re most proud of at North is our level of employee engagement. Our employees love coming to work, but also see relationships that extend beyond the work week. As a team we celebrate our company and employee milestones and encourage quality time together. We take pride in our entrepreneurial, creative and empowering culture; a result of our strong commitment to employee engagement.
What We’re Offering:
- Meaningful work where you can have a direct impact working on some of the biggest brands out there!
- A culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, growth and collaboration.
- Work with top talent at an award-winning agency on a serious growth trajectory.
- A focused commitment to career development and personal success – let us help you!
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package including substantial time off policies (like really, it’s a big deal).
- Oh, and did we mention the perks?! Parental leave top-up program; annual summer offsites; regular social events; teams and clubs; weekly Pilates and discounted gym membership just to name a few #workperks.
- All staff meetings so you’re always in the know.
To apply for this position, click "I'm Interested" and easily submit your resume. Note that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you very much for your interest in working at North Strategic. We look forward to meeting you!
North Strategic is committed workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.