Vice President, Partnerships Strategy
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
- Employees can work remotely
APEX Exchange (APEX) is a distinct next-generation trading entity within Publicis Media that identifies and invests in emerging market trends to benefit Publicis clients.
APEX develops innovative offerings through direct partnerships and principal investments that allow clients of all size to benefit from custom solutions that best fit their business challenges in an increasingly complex media environment.
Clients opt into solutions outside the agency’s core services that offer tangible benefits including guaranteed outcomes, increased flexibility, and advantageous pricing.
About the Team:
The Product Strategy & Solutions team at APEX is tasked with developing meaningful solutions that allow us to deliver innovation, value & unique supply access for Publicis agencies and clients. We deliver these solutions via bespoke packages, strategic partnerships, and facilitating integrations.
About the Role:
As a Vice President of Product Strategy & Solutions, you will be shaping and steering a strong product vision for our suite of offerings. This role is expected to have a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, marketplace opportunities, and advertising technology ecosystem. This role will work to manage product and solution lifecycles across sectors ranging from categories such as ad formats (e.g. video, audio) to marketing objectives or client categories (e.g. shopper, automotive).
This role will work cross departmentally to ensure our leadership, agencies, activation teams, sales teams, and investment leads are aligned on priorities, roadmap, and how to best support the goals of our business.
· Create and iterate on an evaluation process that allows us to identify partnerships and opportunities that will drive innovation, increase billings, or streamline operations.
· Develop relationships across PMX, Groupe Growth, Epsilon, Client Development, Activation, and Media Operations to ensure that we’re complementing existing Publicis Groupe solutions and understanding the needs of our day-to-day teams to deliver on our products and solutions.
· Act as lead collaborator to deliver on an integration roadmap that creates pathways to delivering more in-house via Epsilon and the Publicis Global Delivery team.
· Conduct routine audits on measurement, creative, and verification solutions that would enable APEX to offer savings across our portfolio of accounts without the need to deliver media.
· Liaise with legal and finance to evaluate and negotiate partnership agreements, master service agreements, terms, and conditions.
· Lead an effort with legal, compliance, and finance teams to introduce new methods for transacting while clearing the runway for future integrations with owned technology.
· Routinely engage with vendors across the marketplace to evaluate landscape, vendor capabilities, opportunities for disruption, and points of differentiation. The output of this engagement will be documented evaluations on the technical capabilities of each vendor.
· Serve as a point of escalation with the ability to analyze the situation and make informed decisions to resolve the issue when introducing or incubating new solutions.
· Share POVs on marketplace developments and our (APEX Product Strategy & Solutions) position on how these developments would impact our solutions.
· Support & collaborate with our efforts on team enablement and resource documentation to keep our teams informed on how to best position and apply critical thinking to our offerings.
· Support go-to-market efforts including collaborating with Client Development, Marketing, and our agencies to simplify our solutions and articulate the client benefits therein.
· Act as a subject matter expert for our Brand Development team, participating in meetings with agency teams and agency clients or presenting during town halls where appropriate.
· Provide content for APEX newsletters that are share with our agency counterparts, working closely with Market and Research & Insights teams
APEX Revenue Growth
· Create investment proposals for partnerships and solutions that you feel are best suited to help drive our product and business forward.
· Work closely with fluid leads to understand and steer investments towards supply within video, audio, out of home, and digital formats.
· Act as lead contributor for quarterly product QBRs geared towards examining areas of risk and opportunity while serving as a checkpoint for current roadmap and priorities.
· Actively measure product and solution adoption within Salesforce to steer enablement priorities, identify product gaps or solution saturation, and pacing towards Groupe imperatives such as Inclusive Buying and Format Fluidity.
· Work with partners to iterate on existing forms of business measurement metrics including, but not limited to, opportunity cost when co-piloting software, inclusive buying spend adoption, commoditized solutions, and identifying opportunities for in-sourcing.
As the team grows, this role will have the opportunity to oversee and lead a team tasked with analyzing, evaluating, and driving the fulfillment of new products for APEX.
· Manage and develop talent at varying seniority levels--enable team members to think critically, think beyond the scope of their role, and confidently own their responsibilities.
· Coach managers to grow and develop their teams within the greater APEX organization.
· A minimum of 10+ years of digital advertising industry experience (preferably adtech or programmatic) with over 3+ years working across a tech stack including data and measurement.
· A bachelor’s degree (preferably in a relevant field of study)
· Systems & software proficiency (Salesforce, PowerPoint, automation tools, data visualization tools, etc.)
· Advanced/expert proficiency in Excel
· Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, presentation skills
· Prior management of individual contributors and managers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.