- Harris Street, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Reporting to: Head of Workflow & Executive Creative Director
At Leo Burnett we believe that creativity is the most powerful asset in business today. And it’s through a creative lens that we solve everything. We have a rare opening for a like-minded, creatively driven, Conceptual Designer to join our team in Sydney!
What you’ll do:
- Works with the day to day creative direction and mentorship of our ECD and Creative teams.
- In this fully integrated role you’ll develop all design assets from digital, social to print, and branding.
- Conceptualise and produce innovative design solutions across all outputs.
- Contribute to conceptual ideas as required.
- Be responsible for taking and interpreting briefs effectively from the account team
- Design layouts according to guidelines set out by the agency
- Create illustrations and logos on new design projects as required
- Create & modify fonts according to guidelines
- Determine style, technique, and medium best suited to organisation promotion strategies.
- Work closely with our other design and studio team members on educating the wider team on best-practice user-centered design.
- Pro-actively contribute ideas to the creative process and inspire colleagues.
The ideal candidate:
- team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and an open mind. Their #1 mission is to champion best-practice design craft across BAU and beyond.
- A self-starter and a creative thinker and not afraid of exploring unconventional design strategies.
- A minimum of 4 years commercial experience as an integrated designer.
- Solid retouching skills.
- Fluent InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator CC.
- In depth knowledge of artwork print prep and set up for digital outputs.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work fast, work to deadlines and manage time effectively.
Other desirable skills:
- Knowledge of graphic animation and video editing desirable.
- Knowledge of photography and photography editing desirable.
- An understanding and interest in web-based animation (from storyboarding to build) would also be a bonus.
Leo Burnett believes that to deliver the best solutions to our clients, our people need to reflect the diverse communities in which our clients operate. We value diversity and the skills, knowledge and experience that difference brings to our culture and solutions. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI) people.