Associate Finance Director
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Leo Burnett Group
Title: Associate Director - Client Finance
Summary and Scope of Position:
Strategic financial business partner to Client lead teams and Agency Finance leadership. Accountable for client related finance matters on a portfolio of clients with focus on growth and profitability. Key responsibilities include compensation/contracts, client profitability reporting and analysis, annual planning & monthly forecast, monthly revenue recognition, client reporting and compliance. Reporting to Finance Director and partnering with a team of managers and analysts.
- Oversees project and retainer fee pricing proposals and supports and participates in new and existing client negotiations.
- Partners with other Publicis operating units on consolidated compensation proposals.
- Partners with Client leads, Legal and Finance leadership to review statements of work and master services agreements.
- Ensures Agency is in compliance with contractual guidelines for each client including client reporting.
- In conjunction with Leadership Team, ensures client contract alignment with Agency best practices.
- In partnership with Account leads, develops annual client plan in alignment with Agency strategy and targets.
- Supports hiring and freelance decisions for billable positions in partnership with FP&A.
- Leads monthly P&L review meetings with Client Lead Teams.
- Presents Agency leadership with analysis of client P&L issues and proposes solutions.
- Partners with cross functional leads to develop strategies that drive profitable growth.
- Reviews potential revenue variances and drives resolution of open items to minimize the impact.
- Reviews monthly journal entries to ensure proper revenue recognition.
- Develops short term revenue projection updates.
- Partners with Client Finance Directors to continually develop and enhance Client Finance Team
- Partners with Business Intelligence teams to identify areas for Trade Working Capital, Reporting, and Process improvements.
- Partners with Business Intelligence Team on all aspects of client audits.
- Participates in new business pitches as needed.
- Provides ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of progressive experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivation to work independently
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.