- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Re:Sources is the backbone of Publicis Groupe, the world’s third-largest communications group. Formed in 1998 as a small team to service a few Publicis Groupe firms, Re:Sources has grown to 4,000+ people servicing a global network of prestigious advertising, public relations, media, healthcare and digital marketing agencies. We provide technology solutions and business services including finance, accounting, legal, benefits, procurement, tax, real estate, treasury and risk management to help Publicis Groupe agencies do what they do best: create and innovate for their clients.
In addition to providing essential, everyday services to our agencies, Re:Sources develops and implements platforms, applications and tools to enhance productivity, encourage collaboration and enable professional and personal development. We continually transform to keep pace with our ever-changing communications industry and thrive on a spirit of innovation felt around the globe. With our support, Publicis Groupe agencies continue to create and deliver award-winning campaigns for their clients.
The company is a premier shared services company serving the financial, technological and administrative needs of U.S.-based business units of the the world’s fourth largest Communications company. With 2020 revenues of nearly 9 billion Euros, the parent company specializes in Advertising, Digital, Media buying and consultancy. The parent company is present in over 100+ countries on 5 continents, with 80,000 employees.
The company was the first and remains the largest shared services operation in the communications industry in the United States. Founded in 1997 and headquartered in New York City, it provides highly effective support services in the areas of finance, administration, transaction processing and Information Technology.
Are you an innovative and talented lawyer looking to join a collaborative in-house team? Are you interested in working on cutting-edge, challenging projects in the media, technology and advertising space? If so, Re:Sources is looking for someone like you to join its legal team in Chicago. The ideal candidate will provide sound legal advice and counsel to internal media agencies within Publicis Groupe in support of their daily operations. Each day in this role will be different, as this position supports a variety of activities.
- Contract drafting and negotiations—with a particular focus on media-related and advertising tech agreements
- Legal review of media agency programs
- Assisting with litigation matters
- Guiding business teams on day to day operational issues
- Other various duties expected of a general practitioner
- Negotiate, review, and draft a variety of agreements, with a particular focus on client master services agreements and media vendor agreements
- Research and provide concise advice on a wide variety of matters to media and creative agencies
- Work closely and collaboratively with attorneys, paralegals, media operations, finance, security, risk and account teams on a variety of matters, which might include agency law, media buying, creative services, data ownership, IP matters, document review, dispute resolution, and internal reporting
- Provide legal and best practices training to management and account teams
- Make proactive contributions that maximize departmental efficiencies and simplify processes
- Maintain awareness and understanding of the latest developments in the law and industry standards as they relate to the agencies
- Provide support to senior members of the legal team
- Leadership and confidence while also being able to participate effectively and constructively as a member of a team
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and to work independently and efficiently under time pressures and deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Possess high level of business acumen with impressive organization skills
- Ability to collaborate well with a diverse team of stakeholders
- Ability to provide training on legal compliance and best practices
- Ability to think and write critically
- Ability to manage large volume of competing priorities strategically and practically without sacrificing attention to detail
- Ability to manage clients with a customer service oriented approach
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills and a positive approach
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- The experience and education qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- JD from accredited law school
- Current membership in good standing of a state bar. Preference for candidates located and credentialed in Illinois, New York, or Massachusetts.
- A minimum of 4-6 years’ experience as an attorney at a national or recognized regional law firm and, preferably, experience as an in-house attorney in a related field
- Experience negotiating, interpreting and drafting commercial agreements, with experience as the lead attorney
- Subject matter expertise in technology, media, data, advertising, and/or privacy is a plus
- Use of computer, speaking on telephone
- Daily carrying laptop and occasional lifting of file boxes
- Ability to travel
- Remote (home internet access) or working in office currently available. Preference for candidates located near a Re:Sources hub location- Chicago, Boston, or New York City.
- Some limited travel may be required
- Weekend, evening work (home internet access) as needed
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) currently in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relations.