Creative Resource Manager
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
CRM manages the Creative Department work-flow in a way that fosters the development of exceptional creative while optimizing the efficient deployment of creative resources.
CRM resides within the Creative Department and is primarily responsible for supporting the Group Creative Directors across their respective brands/assignments. Creative Resource Management partners with BL/Strategy/PM to seamlessly handle assignments.
CRM's deploy the right creative resources into the right assignment so that great work can be accomplished, but also to increase creative group profitability by leveraging these resources efficiently.
A Creative Resource Manager is assigned to a brand (or multiple brands) and may have specific or varied responsibilities pending account and creative lead needs.
A CRM optimizes the use of creative resources and manages workflow on all assigned accounts. Works with BL to forecast creative staffing needs and to understand on-going assignment changes (scope, timing, etc.) as well as works with Group Creative Director and/or Creative Directors to prioritize assignments and to assign Creative Staffing. Tracks individuals’ creative contributions to agency.
Key deliverables are:
- Understanding of talent and optimization of creative resources for the development of great creative
- Prioritization of assignments
- Efficient management of workflow through the creative department
- Tracking creative utilization/output
- Works with Creative Ops/CRM lead on creative allocations within scopes as well as hours estimations for any out of scope work.
- Operates as a functional conduit between Creative and Business Leadership by working in advance of assignments to assess implications and anticipate workload needs.
- Attends status meetings and collaborates with full team throughout creative development and stays informed of timing, scope, and priority changes.
- Receives and reviews new assignment briefs to ensure assignment syncs with forecasting and to understand actual creative needs (scope of assignment, timing, and priority)
- Evaluates the available creative resources (aptitude, work-style, and workload) against creative needs. Working to prepare staffing solutions based on matching the right teams (and number of teams) with the right projects.
- Schedules/attends briefing and is the driver throughout creative development
- Partners with the Creative Project Lead or PM to manage project needs from briefing through client buy-off.
- Anticipates and mediates work-flow problems as identified by Creative or Business Leadership
- Quickly sorts information to identify opportunities, alternative approaches or next steps.
- Follows progress of assignment to understand project demands and team capacity
- Anticipate trends within the group and creates innovative solutions.
- Assesses skill sets and specialties, assigning the best possible resources for every project.
- Continually monitors the group for efficiencies and overload and reports concerns and opportunities to the Creative Ops/CRM lead.
- Seeks advice on developmental needs and opportunities within the creative department and creates plans to address those needs and opportunities.
- Works to share the appropriate level of communication with creative teams, understanding what might be best suited to share in the hallway, via email, or scheduled meetings.
- Maintains open-mindedness to ideas and welcome feedback on how to change or improve process.
- Continues to track projects, deliverables and workloads through the production phase.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.