SVP, Head of Consulting
- Wood Ln, London W12, UK
Publicis Media is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe, alongside Publicis Communications, Publicis Sapient and Publicis Healthcare. Led by Steve King, CEO, Publicis Media is powered by its four global brands, Starcom, Zenith, Spark Foundry and Blue 449, and supported by its digital-first, data-driven Global Practices which together deliver client value and business transformation. Publicis Media is committed to helping its clients navigate the modern media landscape and is present in more than 100 countries with over 13,500 employees worldwide.
PM Precision is Publicis Media’s data-informed, tech-enabled trading practice. Precision helps brands reach audiences on highly viewable, fraud free media. By applying best in class data and tech capabilities, Precision delivers a more efficient ad-tech supply chain with curated inventory and data. Precision encompasses agency-embedded teams that provide greater strategic alignment with clients and buying teams. Agency teams are supported by a centralized team for shared resources, best practices, tech audits and partnership management. Precision spans product strategists, marketers, solutions consultants, activation specialists, ad-ops and data scientists.
The SVP, Consulting, is the business lead for the Precision EMEA Consulting team. This team is responsible for incubating the data driven marketing (DDM) services and solutions of the future that ensure Publicis Media and their clients are able to maintain an unfair competitive advantage relative to the competition. They also empower EMEA markets and agencies to deliver best practice and market leading DDM work in their own right. The role is responsible for growing an already healthy client direct diversified revenue consultancy pipeline. The role is also responsible for managing and maintaining enterprise relationships within the Groupe (specifically, Sapient and Epsilon) as well as external vendors (specifically Google, Adobe, and Salesforce).
The SVP, Consulting is a best-in-class subject matter expert who possesses a combination of strong analytical, problem solving and client facing skills. The role requires the ability to proactively identify opportunities to leverage programmatic data and technology to solve business problems, and importantly influence and deliver expertise at a senior level throughout markets, agencies and direct to clients. The SVP, Consulting, will have a proven pedigree in managing data and technology subject matter experts and building and delivering innovative industry first solutions that lead to revenue. They will be equally comfortable in the worlds of advertising and marketing technology as well as being a thought leader on the subjects of privacy and data application in a marketing context.
- Managing day-to-day work and long-term personal development of direct reports and other team members
- Showcase leadership and drive within the team
- Ongoing management of local markets and EMEA centralized Agency relationships. Acting as the conduit and POE for Agency needs and the catalyst for Agency inspired innovation.
- Primary interface for managing relationships with Precision Consulting counterparts across other regions as well as leading key consulting global initiatives.
Data & Technology Consulting:
With support from the VP, Consulting, delivery of end-to-end enterprise audience management consultancy practice across both pre-sales and post-sales implementation and with a longer-term focus of incubation into agencies. Work closely with Precision ad-tech, analytics, activation, & Data Science teams.
- Management and delivery of Consulting presales pipeline projects across (but not limited to): 1st Party Data Acceleration, Technology Selection, and Mar Tech Strategy and implementation: DMP & CDP
- Drive partnerships with enterprise marketing cloud (primarily DMP but also CDP) vendors including joint pipelines, sales collateral and ways of working. Scaling existing Reseller programs (e.g. GMP) to deliver revenue across the region.
- Develop data-driven marketing strategy across different client verticals tied into DMP/CDP usage but also building into wider areas such as CRM use cases
- Evolve existing data-driven maturity frameworks to audit, track and provide recommendations to our agencies and clients
- Design and run data-driven marketing strategy workshops for both clients and agencies
- Support collaboration with agencies in EMEA around enterprise DMP/CDP strategy
- Accountable for shaping the post-sales implementation process, scoping, project management process
- Oversee technical implementation team where necessary
- After on-boarding, support the incubation of on-going management into local agency
Enterprise Relationships and Power of One Consulting
- Develop partnerships with marketing cloud specialists, CRM specialists and Sapient/Epsilon Consulting across Publicis Groupe. Develop and realize integrated service offerings across the Groupe.
- Work with leading vendors to ideate and innovate for Precision, to ensure that Publicis has access to market leading solutions.
- Ultimately accountable for all enterprise media relationships across the region. Acting as
- both a thought leader and point of escalation to ensure Publicis maximize value from these partners: Google, Adobe, Salesforce etc.
- Identifying and qualifying future client needs and opportunities for Publicis. Incubating and realizing services and solutions to address.
- Lead and direct thought leadership conversations across the region and network, specifically relating to but not limited to: User Privacy, Third Party Cookie Deprecation, Enterprise
- Accreditation and Re-selling, CDPs in a marketing context, and Client Data Architecture & Supporting Infrastructure. Responsible for thought leadership and Strategic direction of travel of Precision Consultancy Team.
- Ownership and delivery of specific global thought leadership initiatives.
- Keep a pulse on the constantly evolving marketplace, and collaborate closely with Partnerships to ensure marketplace POVs address Client concerns and anticipate the Client ask
- Closely collaborate with Agency Investment on the development of Client education and thought-leadership deliverables
- Outward representation and articulation of the Publics Media (and Groupe’s) data driven marketing position proposition.
- 10+ years of experience in ad tech, programmatic and data-driven marketing roles
- Proven team leadership experience
- Proven experience working across a regional portfolio
- Possesses a charismatic, engaging personality and can successfully interact with senior/executive level client contacts
- Be influential at a senior level and be a self-motivated operator, comfortable with navigating a matrixed global organization
- Proven track record of delivering results and revenue
- Ability to breakdown complex concepts into a simplified and understandable value proposition
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to coordinate and lead projects across multiple teams and functions
- Solutions minded with the ability to think strategically
- Excellent collateral development and communication skills
- Self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced and evolving organization
Trust is the cornerstone upon which we build our relationships. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of how a partner should behave.
We treat our people and our clients with respect, transparency and honesty.
This is first and foremost a people business. We are committed to ensuring Publicis Media a destination for the best talent in our industry. We value people as individuals, growing ourselves as we grow our client’s business.
True transformation comes when we stop managing change, and instead initiate change. We believe in our purpose to be the admired force for business transformation. We believe that focusing on performance and results has the power to transform client business.