Data Privacy Manager
- Wood Lane, London, United Kingdom
Publicis Groupe UK is a marketing and digital transformation business made up of 5,000 talented and versatile people with expertise in media, creative, influence, technology and data, working across 21 agencies.
Publicis Groupe UK creative agencies include Saatchi & Saatchi, BBH, Digitas, Leo Burnett and Publicis•Poke. Also, within the stable are PR agencies MSL and Kekst CNC and sustainability consultancy, Salterbaxter. Publicis Media is home to Zenith, Starcom and Spark Foundry as well as specialist practices PMX, Performics, Publicis Sport & Entertainment and Publicis Content, providing expertise across media strategy, investment, data and technology.
Langland, Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness and Digitas Health serve clients across health and wellness, science and medicine. They combine expertise across advertising and branding, clinical trial experience, data and analytics, technology, medical strategy and education and public relations and policy.
At the core of Publicis Groupe’s data and technology offering sits Epsilon which provides personalisation at scale through CORE-ID, its proprietary data tech platform.
Publicis Sapient is the business transformation arm of Publicis Groupe, marrying technology, data sciences and business consulting with engineering and creativity, it helps clients transform digitally.
Publicis Groupe UK clients include BT, McDonald’s, ASDA, Tesco, L’Oreal, P&G, Kellogg’s, VW UK, Reckitts Benckiser, Samsung and Disney among others, encompassing six of the UK’s top 10 advertisers.
Annette King is CEO of Publicis Groupe UK. Employees share a common purpose, consistent ways of working and a financial structure that encourages collaboration.
In 2015 Publicis Groupe introduced the Power of One. Simplifying the traditional agency structure, the model removes silos between agencies and disciplines to put clients’ needs at the heart of the structure.
Publicis Groupe UK has offices in Chancery Lane, Television Centre in White City, Baker Street, Turnmills in Farringdon, Windsor, Teddington and Dublin, and people based in Edinburgh. Publicis Groupe has a presence in more than 100 countries and employs nearly 84,000 people worldwide.
At a glance, the Data Privacy manager will oversee the one or more of the following workstreams:
Vendor Due Diligence & Review
· Coordinate with relevant Agency Task Forces and any other business stakeholders to ensure identification, categorization, and prioritization of vendors used locally on behalf of clients
· Prioritize and conduct privacy and security assessment reviews of vendor responses under the guidance of the Director of Data Privacy Operations UK
· Ensure vendor responses are tracked and recorded accordingly
Client Data Registries
· Annually review and coordinate data inventory activities with relevant agency stakeholders to ensure all data processing activities are recorded
· Work directly with Agency stakeholders to ensure completion of the data registry
· Communicate with Agency teams regarding any updates to the registry and required support needed for completion
· Assist in educating teams to ensure accurate completion of data registries
· Escalate any questions or concerns to the Director of Data Privacy Operations and liaise with the Global Data Privacy Operations team as and when required
Proprietary System Review/Privacy by Design
· Identify and understand proprietary systems and the data that is contained within the systems
· Assist in ensuring all local market proprietary systems have been assessed for applicable data privacy regulations/compliance
· Where required, work in cooperation with systems owners to ensure any further assessments such as Data Protection Impact Assessments are conducted, completed, and submitted to Legal for review
· Ensure any required mitigation strategies are integrated into any products/services by systems owners
· Actively promote data protection/privacy by design
· Work with agency client leads and UK data privacy lead to compile required information for completing DPA’s where necessary
· Coordinate with appropriate stakeholders to respond to privacy related questions
· Work closely with the Director of Data Privacy Operations in setting strategies for operationalizing the UK’s data privacy governance program
· Provide further input for operational process improvements
· Assist in establishing quality standards and indexes for adherence to data privacy governance, data privacy policies, information security standards/policies that are specific to privacy, etc.
· Where relevant or required, assist with putting together or updating approved collateral or template changes for the UK
· Provide monthly, quarterly, and yearly data privacy reports
· Support in arranging local trainings alongside the Data Privacy Lead
· Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the UK advertising industry, especially in relation to:
o Creative production, PR, events, and specialty marketing areas such as closed loop marketing
o Data and audience profiling, analysis, targeting, and segmentation; you are familiar with CRMs, DMPs, and how data aggregators operation, particularly for any sort of digital activation
o Knowledge of digital media: terms such as DSPs, SSPs, Exchanges, adservers, DCO, attribution, ad networks, etc. are familiar territory
o Familiarity of traditional media planning and buying, e-commerce, and influencers would also be advantageous
· Demonstrable knowledge of data protection and privacy, particularly as it relates to (digital) media and advertising
· Experience working across multiple moving projects, with strong initiative and collaboration skills to work cooperatively with a range of stakeholders, both upstream with Global counterparts and downstream with agency or business unit liaisons
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong problem-solving and analytical skills, and high attention to detail
- Exceptional management and leadership skills
· Familiarity with working within a matrixed organization would be highly beneficial
As part of our dedication to create an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Groupe UK is committed to equal access to opportunity for people without regard to race, age, sex, disability, neurodiversity, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments for candidates with disabilities in our application process.
If you need assistance or adjustment due to a disability, please contact us.