- 35 West Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL
Are you ready to re-invent digital marketing? At Performics, we’re accelerating the great missions of our clients—brands like Lenovo, Toyota, Verizon, and Comcast in the ever-evolving world of search engine marketing, programmatic, social media, and ecommerce marketplaces.
If you’re ready to move at the speed of Google, Facebook, and Twitter, have an entrepreneurial spirit, get excited about finding smarter ways to do things, and demand performance for your clients, we’d love to meet you. We’ll give you the tools, support, and freedom to lead, innovate, and grow. We hire exceptional people for our global headquarters in Chicago and U.S. locations in Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York, Seattle, and San Francisco. Our international presence spans 57 markets (and growing) including regional hubs in London, Dubai, and Singapore.
We are dedicated to ensuring an inclusive environment where employees feel empowered to share their experiences and ideas. We encourage participation in a variety of Business Resource Groups, including groups for Women, People of Color, Veterans, LGTBQ community and allies, and more. For more information regarding our efforts around diversity and inclusion visit us at https://rse2018.publicisgroupe.com/en/nos-talents or ask your recruiter for details.
The Media Director (MD) is responsible for supporting a portfolio of client digital accounts towards stated client and company targets and is responsible for the growth, management, retention and satisfaction of these accounts. The MD will be accountable to partner with clients to address measured media landscape and work with client stakeholders across multiple disciplines to propose and defend media spend across all performance based paid search channels. The Media Director will oversee and guide a team of search Media Managers in this task and be accountable for maintaining accurate program forecasts and meeting stated revenue and sales goals. Demonstrated account management and team leadership experience is essential, along with deep experience in online marketing and digital media.
• Develops, manages, and monitors client P&L’s for assigned accounts
• Implement holistic media planning
• Introduces Process Development Input, Quality Assurance and Best Practices Input
• Interfaces with other departments to share ideas, communicate service offerings, and to identify and deliver new solutions for clients
• Keeps senior team members apprised of key client opportunities, potential risks and other key nuances which affect the health of the business
• Prepares and presents annual financial plans and human resources plans
Performance Media and Client leadership
• Develops and fosters account relationships. Working towards 100% account retention within a defined portfolio of accounts
• Develops a complete understanding of each client’s goals, markets, needs and expectations of Performics
• Works within client relationships to champion initiatives that cultivate marketing decisions across digital channels
• Attends client meetings on ongoing basis, interface as needed with executive level and middle management level on client side during meetings and presentations
• Advocates across functional areas within client relationships (e.g. IT professionals, marketing/product managers, C-level executives) to develop rapport and deliver complex solutions
• Communicates and implements a Participation Planning Process or all accounts
• Autonomously guides performance and plan presentations
• Solves client problems and uses conflict management skills within a professional environment
• Manages program development and implementation for complex marketing analysis disciplines, such as segmentation, attitudinal/motivational analysis, concept/copy testing, sales forecasting, response prediction, advertising effectiveness, consumer profiling, customer profitability analysis (lifetime value), media mix modelling, conversion attribution analysis and ROI measurement
• Leverages syndicated digital research (e.g. ComScore, Nielsen, Hitwise) to benchmark trends and/or manage expectations of forecasted trends
Team Leadership & Development
• Embraces and encourages a culture based on teamwork, collaboration, and curiosity
• Motivates, guides, and manages internal teams, working collaboratively to strengthen programs that meet our clients’ business goals
• Guides adoption of stated account best practices through example setting, positive reinforcement and behavioral correction
• Assists in interviewing, hiring, training, mentoring, developing, and evaluating team members
• Conducts performance reviews and career path plans for reports
• Establishes expectations and goals for team on performance marketing thought leadership
• Provide cross media planning training for their team
• Facilitates the development and documentation of best practices to improve operational efficiencies within the team and the group
• Contributes to blog, newsletter, training forums and/or tasks
• Understands and explains the features and benefits of all products and services
• Cross sells products and services to grow Performics’ share of marketing spend
• Bachelor’s degree, concentration in business, marketing, or advertising preferred
• 5-7 years of account management experience in online advertising (paid search, display, social, programmatic, mobile, video or affiliate), direct marketing, or e-commerce
• 5+ years of experience in interactive marketing or business consulting using data and information to drive specific targeting and marketing recommendations
• Deep knowledge of ad serving platforms and online analytic solutions
• 2-4 years of demonstrated results in managing and developing a team
• 2-4 years of digital marketing, search engine, display, programmatic, and / or social marketing preferred
• Knowledge of statistical methods and testing methodology preferred
About the Way We Work:
We believe you should be able to be the same person at work as you are at home. Authenticity and trust are important. Be who you are, mean what you say, allow other PFXers to do the same.
Know Your Teammates
We know social opportunities reinforce relationships, and relationships shape our attitudes. Everyone is equal parts teacher and learner, so invest in each other. We are a community. Play with intention.
Make It Better
We believe there’s always room for growth—professionally, personally, and in our communities. We identify opportunities for improvement, innovation, and learning and encourage our clients to do the same.
Everyone comes to Performics with a different background and provides unique value. Speak up, embrace a “what if” attitude, and support the people around you. Collaborate with your team, hone your expertise, and remember—the best idea wins.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.