VP, Strategy Director
- 375 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014, USA
At MSL, we believe in the power of PR to grow business and build reputations. How? By influencing conversations, culture, choices and change – and by recruiting passionate creators and storytellers obsessed with making an impact for our clients’ brands, products and organizations. We believe in doing incredible work that makes our clients fall in love with us (and makes the competition jealous!) We believe in responsibility and accountability to our clients – and to each other. We innovate relentlessly. We pursue big, bold ideas with passion and ferocity. Together, we’re on a journey to reimagine what PR can accomplish!
MSLGROUP is currently seeking VP, Strategy Director for our Strategy Practice out of the New York office. This hire would lead the day to day core strategy work, working directly with the CSO on our key growth clients across practices (Consumer, Corporate Reputation and Healthcare). VP, Strategy will also from time to time be helping with new business pitches. The candidate will also help manage and guide Senior Strategists on the team on various projects.
The ideal candidate should have significant experience in spearheading projects from start to finish, leading and coordinating with integrated teams (including, data, media, creative and account teams,) and presenting to senior level clients. The candidate is a true team player with ability to work independently, manage and move projects effectively, on time, and with excellence. Should be able to assess and scope incoming asks quickly, demonstrate deep cultural knowledge, experience in consumer research and work efficiently across deliverables.
- Producing thought-provoking, influential work. Pushing new ways of thinking.
- Excellent storytelling. Should be able to build decks (stories) independently.
- Leading projects independently, including designing and leading senior level inspirational client workshops.
- Stay up-to-date and engaged with cultural trends in order to provide on-going thought leadership and inspiration - bring fresh, relevant points of view to the development of strategy and creative (and, to inspire the rest of the team)
- Turning observation, data and research into insights and stories.
- Gather and interpret research on consumer, cultural and competitive trends to support the development of briefs and recommendations.
- Develop and apply different qualitative and quantitative research techniques and methodologies to garner and unearth insights that spark the creative process.
- Being an excellent partner with our data team, and collaborating with other members of your team to uncover the problem we need to solve and the insights to help us do it.
- Own and develop briefs that are clear, concise and inspiring – leading inspirational work.
- Developing strong account/client relationships as a key strategic and business partner.
- Partner with S/VP, Account Director to ensure strategic/creative integration across partners including Media, PR, Digital/Social.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required (pending the safety and status of COVID and travel restrictions)
- 8+ years of relevant experience as a marketing strategist, consultant working within an advertising/marketing agency or consulting environment.
- Mastery of Key Strategic Concepts & Frameworks (i.e. Brand Purpose, 4Cs, Comms Planning etc.)
- A “let’s build” attitude, innovative thinker, pushing boundaries (versus doing what is told)
- A positive-let’s-collaborate attitude.
- Adaptive, can thrive well and gets excited in a “we are building what’s new” environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.