- 445 King St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1K4, Canada
A three-time SABRE Canadian Agency of the Year winner (2015, 2016, 2019) North has achieved unprecedented success since launching in 2011. North disrupts the industry with its approach to PR, influencer, social and digital, establishing itself as a Canadian agency leader.
Where other agencies begin to stagnate, North has found the sweet spot between boutique and large agency: this ‘nine-year-old start-up’ is running on fresh momentum.
What’s the secret? While a slew of major new clients are tapping the team for their unique blend of expertise, many of North’s "OG" clients are expanding their work with the agency, fuelling organic growth.
We're an agency all about taking risks, thinking big and a true belief that good ideas can come from anywhere.
(And yes, the rumours are true: North is a "No timesheet agency.")
As an Account Executive, you will be working as part of a collaborative account team that develops and delivers strategic, creative client programs. Your job is to tell the client’s story and relentlessly pursue the best ROI, with a focus on executing programs and developing client relationships. An essential ingredient of your success is the ability to partner and collaborate with a number of internal and external stakeholders.
We’re looking for a passionate team player with strong creative, strategic thinking and organizational abilities. A strategic, creative and analytical thinker who can create cross-channel media strategies for our clients.
Ideally, this candidate will have 2-3 years of experience with consumer, technology and/or lifestyle brands developing broadly integrated marketing strategies.
Some of the amazing work you'll do:
- Provide exceptional results for our clients in public relations, events, media relations and social media communications
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of how to distill client information, including general business strategy, industry issues and key stakeholders in order to help develop and deliver strong communications results
- Help develop award-winning, insightful and creative ideas to drive results and brand influence for our clients
- Build strategic earned and social media campaigns to grow brand awareness, client communities and achieve business goals
- Craft and deliver targeted messages; write, edit and proofread a full range of materials, such as press releases, fact sheets, pitch letters, blog posts, client emails/reports, briefing books, status grids, activity reports, etc.
- Be relentless in the pursuit of program effectiveness; manage day-to-day program activities, overall program implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and research capabilities to support the development of innovative campaigns
- Support strategic brand campaigns and have the ability to sell in big ideas within an integrated agency model
- Manage multiple facets of client programs, including research and insights, strategy development, campaign execution, paid digital and social advertising, analytics and reporting
- Utilize the latest measurement technologies to uncover new insights to inform brand strategy
- Use strong insights and detailed consumer research to inform campaign creation
- Build strong relationships with media contacts (written and verbal outreach) while effectively managing media lists
- Provide timely feedback to management on progress against goals
- Exercise financial and organizational discipline; help manage budgets to ensure agency profitability
- Event planning and execution considered a plus
- Ability to work in a collaborative, creative, entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment
- Contribute in a meaningful way to a dynamic agency culture through training, development and mentoring opportunities
Our successful candidate will possess some of the following attributes below. This is just a starting point – if you feel you don’t meet the suggested experience and/or skills, we still encourage you to apply!
Who you are:
- Post-graduate diploma in Public Relations, Corporate Communications or related discipline
- 2-3 years of communications/agency experience with consumer, technology and/or lifestyle brands
- Extensive experience in media relations, social media, event management and influencer relations
- Excellent communication skills, dynamic, team player, excellent time management and organizational skills and is detail-oriented
- Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. is an asset
Why North Strategic? Something we’re most proud of at North is our level of employee engagement. Our employees love coming to work, but also see relationships that extend beyond the work week. As a team we celebrate our company and employee milestones and encourage quality time together. We take pride in our entrepreneurial, creative and empowering culture; a result of our strong commitment to employee engagement.
What We’re Offering:
- Meaningful work where you can have a direct impact working on some of the biggest brands out there!
- A culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, growth and collaboration.
- Work with top talent at an award-winning agency on a serious growth trajectory.
- A focused commitment to career development and personal success – let us help you!
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package including substantial time off policies (like really, it’s a big deal).
- Oh, and did we mention the perks?! Parental leave top-up program; annual summer offsites; regular social events; teams and clubs; weekly Pilates and discounted gym membership just to name a few #workperks.
- All staff meetings so you’re always in the know.
To apply for this position, click "I'm Interested" and easily submit your resume. Note that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you very much for your interest in working at North Strategic. We look forward to meeting you!
North Strategic is committed workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.