Manager, Quality Assurance
- Floors 8 – 10, HUB 1, Building of SEZ Towers, Karle Town Centre, Nagavara,, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
The QA Manager is responsible for improving overall quality assurance outcomes through the planning, control and execution of manual testing to support multiple development methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, Waterfall and hybrid processes. QA Manager would also be responsible for people management and also in managing the career aspirations of his / her mentees
- Manage team (10 – 15 mid-level QA engineers) as well as be an individual contributor, and multiple projects
- Establish QA Process and Procedures
- Ensure QA team members follow defined QA process and meeting the delivery dates
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and productivity
- Communicate at all levels, handle multiple projects and work on business-critical solutions.
- Motivate and mentor direct reports by effort and example.
- Design, track and disseminate metrics to monitor software quality.
- Offer accurate status on defect information and metrics
- Creates and executes test plans and clear, concise test scripts for new products or enhancements to existing products.
- Defines comprehensive scenarios and variations in data to adequately perform testing.
- Schedules and performs functional, integration, regression and release testing.
- Submits defects and issues to development for correction, and retests once defects have been resolved.
- Reports test results and status as appropriate.
- Tracks defects and casual analysis to closure.
- Develop Jira integrated dashboards for tracking, trending of metrics
- Creates and/or reviews requirements, design and scope documents.
- Helps support and advocates the standard to test design, procedures and may provide input to those procedures.
- Interacts with Subject Matter Expertise (SMEs) and development teams to identify and refine test requirements.
- Coordinates and/or performs testing from initiation through delivery.
- Ensures testing is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical department in order to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- May create and maintain test libraries, databases and test environments.
- May certify and review test results of other analysts and testers.
- May assist with software changes for documentation update or correction.
- May assist with automated scripts from team members.
- May cross-train and mentor less experienced QA team members.
- Prepare Automated Scripts for the Modules
- Prepare Approach and Strategy for Automation (functional / Performance / API testing )
- Prepare reusable methods and Artifacts which helps in improving efficiency and productivity
- Ability to solve complex problems by applying creativity, innovation, and technical concepts with customer experience in mind
Knowledge and Skills:
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines and handle multiple complex projects.
- Cross browser testing (Windows - Firefox, Chrome, IE, Edge)/ (Mac Book - Safari, Chrome, Firefox)
- Knowledge of Email rendering tools ( Litmus )
- Involves UI and UX testing. (UI – User Interface & UX – User Experience)
- Able to handle scripting across different technologies.
- Good knowledge of software development lifecycles.
- Good knowledge of software testing lifecycles.
- Good knowledge of Content Management Systems ( AEM, Sitecore )
- Good Knowledge of testing web-based applications on Mobiles / Desktop
- Able to modify testing development or to suit the environment or product.
- Knowledge/experience of testing multiple platforms, browsers and mobile devices a big plus.
- Experience with use of automated testing tools.
- Good knowledge on Functional Automation using Selenium & Java
- Good knowledge on Performance testing
- Good knowledge of API Testing ( Manual as well as Automation )
- Good knowledge of various functional Automation frameworks and testing frameworks
- Good knowledge on analysis of Performance reports to identify bottlenecks and provide solutions
- Good knowledge on Various Databases
- Good Knowledge of DevOps / DevSecOps
- Lead and drive the definition, preparation and execution of testing strategies for client project engagements including Unit, Functional, System Integration and User Acceptance test phases according to the defined QA Framework.
- Manage daily/weekly progress reporting and defect tracking and resolution progress.
- Oversee and coordinate the work intake with onshore and offshore teams.
- Facilitate communication within the Epsilon team and the client.
- Review and provide input to project schedule tasks, levels of effort, duration, testing risks and dependencies.
- Anticipate, monitor, and deal effectively with changes
- Create requirements traceability matrices and conduct reviews with business analysts and technical development staff to ensure understanding of business requirements and complete test coverage.
- Create comprehensive test strategies and test plans and conduct reviews.
- Hands on execution of test cases, update documentation accordingly with results.
- Manage other QA analysts onshore/offshore for daily QA tasks.
- Escalates issues and risks to project leadership in accordance with best practices.
- Developing testing solutions that meet needs of clients and customers.
- Lead testing efforts for projects that impact their core area of testing responsibilities, which includes acting in a leadership role to acquire test data and ensuring proper tests are executed in all testing environments.
- Must be able to work as a team to ensure execution of smoke, functional and regressions tests in all levels of the environments.
- Conduct testing retrospections to define and document lessons learned and translate them to improvement to the QA framework.
- Train Epsilon and client teams on testing best practices and tools.
- Ability to mine for data using SQL to validate test results.
- Must have strong technical aptitude and analytic background needed to understand applications and data infrastructure.
- Build and drive Automation initiatives in the project, and drive efficiency and productivity
- Implement CI /CD pipelines
- Understanding of and hands-on experience with testing tools; in particular Microsoft Visual Studio/TFS, MS Office, SharePoint, Test Data editors and JIRA.
- QAI Certified / CSM Certified / AEM Certified
- Requires 12 years of related quality assurance, technical experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor degree preferred, or equivalent experience.