Director, Client Development
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
APEX Exchange is the trading entity within Publicis Media that identifies new ways to deliver value in today’s media landscape. APEX develops innovative, sustainable buying models that take on greater risk in exchange for delivering cost savings, guaranteed client outcomes, and unique opportunities to our clients.
The Director, Client Development at Apex will support the Client Development team with the execution of Apex’s revenue growth initiatives. Reporting to the VP, the Director, Client Development is responsible for supporting Apex’s West region Pods and clients. In addition, the Director Client Development will also be responsible for working closely with the VP and SVP Client Development to establish best practices, workflow and responsibilities, across the entire Apex Client Development teams.
The Director will support the team with near-term and long-range planning activities, setting strategy for revenue growth, and aligning with organizational structure and objectives.
The ideal candidate has exceptional planning and organizational skills, with the demonstrated ability to drive multiple concurrent projects to completion. The Director role will have an integral part in translating our sales strategy into clear communications, reports, and actionable sales initiatives.
The Director of Client Development role at Apex will offer strategic guidance, tactical plan recommendations, and outstanding customer service for Apex designated top priority accounts. This person will be responsible for selling and promoting of all APEX solutions in the West region and will serve as a liaison to the cross-channel Apex activation teams, along with the PM agency teams and our end clients. This role is fully supported by cross-functional, centralized strategy, account management, marketing and research teams in the delivery of the above.
“Must haves” include a proven track record and comfortability in a client facing role inclusive of strong presentation skills. A deep understanding of the digital and programmatic ecosystems along with an expertise in CTV and other advanced television initiatives as well as offline media channels.
- Achieve revenue goals and quotas assigned by the Groupe annually across both financial targets and product targets
- Cultivate and build relationships with senior leadership across Publicis Media
- Deepen scale and agency use of understanding of Epsilon media solutions
- Develop and lead QBR presentations
- Foster continued customer learning by educating the benefits of APEX key value propositions
- Support and steward all strategic meetings and communications with Agency Leads and direct brand clients
- Develop cross-channel marketing approaches for client to leverage VBS ad solutions
- Ability to forecast and understand client analysis to support team planning
- Partner with product teams and all cross-functional teams to act as point of contact and deliver collected and consolidated information that prioritizes customer requests
- Identify relevant trends and opportunities in order to craft business cases that support any new requests and/or changes that alter product vision/roadmap
- Cultivate a team-focused mentality across all support teams to drive business results for clients
- Build and maintain strong relationships across all internal and external teams
- Ideally 5-6 years of media industry experience with emphasis in digital
- Bachelor's Degree in Advertising, Marketing or related field
- Proven knowledge of digital planning and buying process with understanding of various vendors, different cost methods, various reporting, and delivery validation
- Strong quantitative skills, including analytical abilities and math proficiency
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.