- 4800 Morabito Pl, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We’re a digital design firm creating at the world-class level for over 20 years. At our core, we’re passionate about strengthening the relationship between brands and consumers by pairing the right technology with thoughtful design. With offices in San Francisco, San Jose, and San Luis Obispo –we’re a California firm with a unique culture that can’t be replicated. Our people are the key to everything here at Level and we live by purpose, passion, hustle, and pride.
Level Studios is hiring a Sr. Copywriter with digital creative experience to join our team! We are open to either direct hire OR contract-to-hire for this role.
PLEASE NOTE: This role can be fully remote but the team is based in California so you MUST be OK working west coast hours.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with creative team to help determine conceptual campaign direction
- Balance conceptual, creative thinking with in-the-weeds production copy development
- Translate creative direction into engaging and effective copy concepts
- Develop in-depth content for landing pages, microsites and online experiences to extend messaging to all aspects of the digital marketing ecosystem
- Determine the tone, style, structure and voice of client’s brand
- Write catchy headlines and engaging, effective content for microsites, landing pages, banner ads, social campaigns, and other digital channels
- Understand business objectives and audience demographics
- Present copy and creative concepts to client
- Support the maintenance and update of copy decks for website pages across different business divisions within client projects
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in English, journalism, or communications preferred; graduation from an advertising/portfolio school or professional work experience can be substituted
- 5+ years experience as a copywriter in a highly creative in-house or agency environment; premium tech/Silicon Valley brand experience is a plus
- Prior experience concepting and developing marketing campaigns with a specific focus on digital channels and assets including taglines/hero headlines, banners, microsites, landing pages, social, web content, product copy, blog posts, email, etc.
- Experience working on production-focused projects after initial concepting/design
- Outstanding writing skills, including the ability to write in a range of voices and styles
- Strong understanding of UX principles and how they relate to copy
- Extensive experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to brainstorm, develop, and execute campaigns
- Acute attention to detail and an ability to work within tight deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of ADA and accessibility guidelines and requirements
- Low-drama, stable, steady, easy-going, collaborative work style
- Portfolio of work REQUIRED and should be submitted at time of application. Please provide password if necessary.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.