Principal Hadoop Admin
- 6021 Connection Drive, Irving, TX
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We are currently seeking a talented Principal Hadoop Admin for managing Big data, with DevOps experience on Linux Infrastructure. You will help optimize and integrate new infrastructure via continuous integration methodologies.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Establish milestones for necessary contributions from departments and develop processes to facilitate their collaboration
- Support cloud and On-Prem servers including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting.
- Develop scripts for automating client/server functions
- Monitor automated systems recovery solutions
- Assist other scrum team engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower and time necessary
- Provide clear goals for all areas of a project and develop steps to oversee their timely execution
- Work closely with engineering professionals within the company to maintain hardware and software needed for projects to be completed efficiently
- Mentor and train other engineers throughout the company and seek to continually improve processes companywide
- Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- Responsible for implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure
- Aligning with the systems engineering team to propose and deploy new hardware and software environments required for Hadoop and to expand existing environments
- Working with data delivery teams to setup new Hadoop users. This job includes setting up Linux users, setting up Kerberos principals and testing HDFS, Hive, HBase and Yarn access for the new users
- Cluster maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes using tools like Cloudera Manager Enterprise, etc.
- Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce routines
- Screen Hadoop cluster job performances and capacity planning
- Monitor Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
- Manage and review Hadoop log files
- File system management and monitoring
- HDFS support and maintenance
- Diligently teaming with the infrastructure, network, database, application and business intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability
- Collaborating with application teams to perform Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades when required
- Work with Vendor support teams on support tasks
- General operational expertise such as good troubleshooting skills, understanding of system’s capacity, bottlenecks, basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage, and networks
- The most essential requirements are: They should be able to deploy Hadoop cluster, add and remove nodes, keep track of jobs, monitor critical parts of the cluster, configure name-node high availability, schedule and configure it and take backups
- Solid Understanding on premise and Cloud network architectures
- Additional Hadoop skills like Sentry, Spark, Kafka, Oozie, etc
- Experience with Impala
- Kerberos administration skills
- Experience with Cloudera distribution
- Familiarity with open source configuration management and deployment tools such as Puppet or Chef and Shell scripting
- Familiarity with DevOps tools like Ansible, Nagios and HAProxy
- 5 years hand-on experience on Cloud platforms – AWS or Azure
- Experience in large project implementation using: AWS EC2, ELB, S3, IAM, ECS etc.
- Experience developing engineering applications for a large corporation
- Demonstrated project development and leadership skills
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Experience working together with teams from several departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan
- Professional experience and a high-level understanding of working with various operating systems and their implications
- Knowledge of Troubleshooting Core Java Applications is a plus
- Proven track record in incorporating latest operational tools into big data platforms
- Kubernetes working knowledge
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
- 10+ years of Linux system administration
- 10+ years of Hadoop infrastructure administration
- HortonWorks & MapR distributions will also be considered
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.