- 101 N Upper Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Thanks for your interest in Epsilon! Here’s the deal. You’re not just applying to some basic technology company. Rather you’re applying to a powerhouse that’s changing the face of an industry!
Epsilon is committed to one simple but truly exciting principle: each person is different and every person matters. This mindset fuels everything we do for our clients and for each other. We do magic for our clients and we have fun doing it. If that sounds like your sort of place, we’d love to hear more from you.
This role must be able to understand, execute, and document moderate to complex operational tasks and document their work while working with other technology teams. Candidates should demonstrate the ability to research information related to the day to day tasks within the Operations Center using various tools and informational resources. The Operations Engineer will assist with process maturation and development, technical standards creation, and help to drive operational excellence. Operations engineer will maximize production infrastructure performance by monitoring for network and application related problems and troubleshooting outages and performance issues and escalate problems to the appropriate engineering group if/when the situation requires it. This is for a 24/7/365 environment. The shift for this position is Wednesday through Saturday 7pm to 7AM (Every Other Wednesday is an off day) but this can change based on company needs.
- Working in a 24/7/365 environment to monitor and respond to enterprise wide technical operational issues.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues with enterprise hardware, Linux operating systems, networking, and application infrastructure
- Repair and recover from hardware and software failures while coordinating and communicating with the appropriate engineering teams
- Coordinate hardware problems and repairs with the appropriate service partners and vendors
- Communicate issues in real time to stakeholder effectively, clearly, over multiple channels (phone, IM, etc.)
- Create and update documentation of configuration and troubleshooting procedures to facilitate other team members and departments
- Support development teams on system deployments and performance optimizations
- Close daily interaction between other system administrators, DBAs, and developers
- Experience working in either a NOC, Data Center, or Technical Customer Service environment.
- Proven experience in a 24/7/365 environment responding to real time issues and challenges.
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills through execution and documenting of resolution
- 1 to 2 years Linux Server Experience (familiar with performance measurement tools)
- Family with Data Center type remote hands support including dispatching technicians
- Familiar with how network, OS, storage, and applications interact in a large-scale environment
- Familiar with traditional DevOps and large-scale compute environments.
- Strong documentation skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely with service partners and vendors
- Excellent organization skills, project tracking abilities, communications skills, and time management skills
- Must be able to use all traditional office productivity tools (MS Office, Outlook, Windows/Mac, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong Entrepreneurial spirit
- RHCSA, LFCSA, Linux + or equivalent preferred but not required
- Experience working in a support capacity with Dell (8th gen and newer) rack and blade servers
- Experience with enterprise operations tools (Zabbix, Salt, Jira, PagerDuty, OpenDCIM) helpful.
- Experience with Bash, Python, or Perl scripting a plus
- Experience as a System Administration, NOC Engineer, Data Center technician is a plus.
- College Degree or equivalent experience
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.