Systems Engineer / Atlassian Administrator
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Leo Burnett is a communications agency powered by its HumanKind operating system, with the belief that creativity, data and technology work together to transform human behavior and drive prosperity for clients. Part of Publicis Communications, Leo Burnett Worldwide is one of the world's largest agency networks with 85 offices and more than 8,000 employees. The global agency works with some of the world's most valued brands including Allstate, Esurance, Firestone, Jim Beam, Kellogg's, Kraft, Marshalls, MillerCoors, Nintendo, P&G, Samsung and UnitedHealthcare among others.
The Systems Engineer/Atlassian Administrator is responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket are fit for the evolving business demands of a wide range of active users.
- Performing system maintenance of development, staging, and production environments under the guidance of the Sr. Systems Engineer.
- Participating in the technical requirements gathering phases of complex projects.
- Planning and implementing system automation as required to improve operational efficiency.
- Troubleshooting servers and applications problems as they arise
- Installing, configuring and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools
Technical Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years of implementation, configuration and management experience with the following Atlassian tools; Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket
- Experience integrating Jira with third-party applications
- 1-2 years of experience in administering and maintaining Linux based systems.
- Experience in writing automation scripts in Groovy, Bash and Python.
- Working knowledge of Networking, DNS, Databases, Web proxies, Active Directory, Web APIs.
- Proficiency in writing intermediate level SQL database queries
- Experience with automation and management software such as Ansible.
- Experience with a monitoring tool such as Nagios, Zabbix, New Relic
- Ability to create configuration and process documentation
- Familiarity with automated performance, quality, and security testing tools is a plus
- Experience with maintaining and customizing Restful API’s
- A Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field is strongly preferred. Equivalent work experience and/or certificate program participation will be considered on an individual basis.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.