Senior Technical Architect – Consumer Products & Retail
- London, UK
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organisations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. United by our core values and our purpose of helping people thrive in the brave pursuit of next, our 20,000+ people in 53 offices around the world combine experience across technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession to accelerate our clients’ businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value.
As Senior Manager, Technology you will define and deliver architectural solutions, help structure technology and engineering teams and technically deliver large-scale digital transformation projects across a range of Retail and Consumer Products sector clients. You will also play a key role in driving our clients’ adoption of modern architecture and trends such as Microservices, DevOps and Cloud Native technology platforms. Along with driving best fit solutions for our clients, you will also work closely with Technology Directors, Client Partners and Programme Delivery Managers to assist in the realisation of new business opportunities to help grow client accounts.
As a technical lead for local and distributed technology teams, you will work closely with senior client stakeholders to deliver solutions that enable widespread Digital Business Transformation. Your key strengths will be in design, planning and technical delivery while also helping to drive best practices adoption and mentor more junior talent.
Your skills and experience:
- Strong consulting skills to interface with and advise senior client stakeholders (typically direct reports of the C-level and on occasion the C-level)
- Experience in helping to define technology strategies for clients, with a focus on modern architectures (layered, headless, micro-services based, cloud-hosted)
- Knowledge of commerce and CMS platforms, ideally having worked on eCommerce and/or CMS projects in the past
- Understanding of key Retail / CP business areas such as:
- Online selling (web shop, mobile app, online payments, etc.)
- Direct-to-Consumer & Marketplaces
- Omnichannel logistics (home delivery, click & collect, returns, etc.)
- In-store (POS systems, clientelling, etc.)
- Experience delivering projects with globally distributed teams
- Technical stewardship and delivery experience of teams of up to 30
- Agile Delivery experience
- Ecommerce Platforms (Off-the-shelve products and Custom implementations)
You will also have a track record as an architect delivering technology transformation projects using contemporary technologies and methodologies such as:
- CMS, Search, PIM, DAM, OMS technical Stack
- DevOps/Automation (CI, CD) for large scale delivery
- Architecture and design knowledge of Headless approaches, API gateways, Microservices, iPaaS / ETL / ESB, Databases, and Big Data platforms
- Cloud platform architectures (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Big Data / Machine learning platforms
- Quality Engineering
There is a superb package of benefits waiting for you at Publicis Sapient.
We cover all the basics generously, with 25 days paid annual leave, life assurance, dental insurance, income protection, private healthcare for you AND your family (pre-existing conditions included), and a pension.
The learning opportunities here are endless. Most importantly, of course, there’s the chance to be part of a game-changing organisation that celebrates creative thinking and empowerment.
The creature comforts are super: free barista coffee bar (the best in town), gym-fee reimbursement and working in the most exciting, colourful and diverse local area you could imagine.
Flexibility and mobility are needed for this role. You might need to spend time on-site with our clients to deliver our world-class services.