Director of Digital Planning
Conill has a great opportunity for a motivated Director of Digital Planning. This position is temporarily working remotely due to pandemic. Will require to work from the office upon our return. El Segundo, CA location*
Who are we? We are a creative and solutions company that expands the limits of what’s possible for our clients. We do this by delivering creative solutions rooted in diversity of thought and identity. YOUR identity! We are cultural experts that understand the power of identity in shaping people’s decisions. Conill is on the lookout for forward thinkers, innovators, doers. Does it sound like you? Read on some more.
The Director of Digital Planning has an insatiable curiosity and passion for understanding consumer behavior, particularly in the digital and social media space. He/she/they constantly seek to uncover actionable consumer insights and build them into compelling strategies, while inspiring other team members to push the strategic envelope as well.
This position takes the strategic lead in the critical areas of Communications Planning and data-driven insights, while shaping the digital/social media strategies for a variety of clients and new business pitches. Crafting strategic stories and consumer journeys out of digital consumer insights and data is key. This person works closely with the agency’s Creative team in bringing data-led and digital strategies to life. He/she/they gain considerable exposure across the agency and clients, often presenting decks and data in a highly persuasive, compelling way. This person is also passionate about identifying ways to optimize strategic development on an ongoing basis.
The desire and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, often changing environment is a must, particularly being self-sufficient and nimble with pulling/analyzing data and coming up with creative solutions on the go. The Director of Digital Planning contributes to making Conill a recognized industry leader. Full fluency in Spanish is preferred (speaking, reading, writing); however, what is required is the ability to read Spanish.
- Provides deep consumer understanding and insight, and overall thought leadership -- particularly in the digital and social media spaces
- Derives insightful analyses and recommendations out of a variety of data, including pulling the data as appropriate
- Inspires multidisciplinary teams (creative, media, digital) and other members of the Strategic Planning team, providing mentoring and leading by example
- Leads the strategic development for new business pitches, including developing the strategy decks, collaborating with other agency teams, and presenting in pitches
- Brings the consumer to life in enticing ways (e.g., creating insightful and visually stimulating presentations, videos, highly visual consumer journeys, etc.)
- Turns research (secondary and primary research, both qualitative and quantitative) and information into insights and compelling stories and strategies
- Creates insightful, visually engaging presentations
- Presents compellingly and confidently; able to think on their feet; has great ability to listen and think in the moment.
- Provides market context and understanding of current and potential targets for communication strategies
- Turns marketplace and environment insights and trends into opportunities and implications for clients’ businesses
- Oversees the execution of strategy related projects
- Participates in the execution of agency initiatives and research projects (e.g., white papers, Xploring)
- Leads the development of stimulating Creative Briefs
- Initiates and influences creative development, feeding the creative and media teams with insight and working with them to ensure the work is on strategy
- Builds a relationship of trust and respect with internal stakeholders
- Builds a relationship of trust and respect with clients
- 8+ years Strategic Planning experience, with an emphasis on digital/social media and success in leading new business pitches
- Expertise in digital and social media
- Expertise in developing impactful data-driven strategies
- Relentless curiosity and passion for understanding people
- Balance of analytical and creative thinking with strong writing skills
- Strong storytelling skills
- Ability to lead teams; managerial skills; also the ability to be self-sufficient as appropriate
- Ability to unearth consumer insights, understanding implications and making them actionable via communication strategies
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop strong partnerships across disciplines
- Inspiring communicator with persuasive selling skills and ability to talk ideas into existence
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to own a room
- High Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Power Point and/or Keynote, as well as syndicated research tools and cross-tabulation software are highly desirable.
- Strong attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Embraces and advocates for diversity of thought (the practice of bringing diverse viewpoints together to instigate forward-thinking ideas and creative problem solving)
- Desire to speak up and actively contribute with new ideas and ways of thinking
- Open to feedback and constantly seeks to grow from it
- Overall bilingual Spanish fluency is highly desirable; the ability to read Spanish is a must
What we offer:
Great benefits, generous time off, and amazing work environment.
Some of those benefits include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- FSA and HSA plans
- Life insurance
- STD/LTD insurance
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.