Senior Account Director, Digital
- 445 King St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1K4, Canada
A three-time SABRE Canadian Agency of the Year winner (2015, 2016, 2019) North has achieved unprecedented success since launching in 2011. North disrupts the industry with its approach to PR, influencer, social and digital, establishing itself as a Canadian agency leader.
Where other agencies begin to stagnate, North has found the sweet spot between boutique and large agency: this ‘nine-year-old start-up’ is running on fresh momentum.
What’s the secret? While a slew of major new clients are tapping the team for their unique blend of expertise, many of North’s "OG" clients are expanding their work with the agency, fuelling organic growth.
We're an agency all about taking risks, thinking big and a true belief that good ideas can come from anywhere.
(And yes, the rumours are true: North is a "No timesheet agency.")
We are looking to add a Senior Account Director to help lead our social efforts across the organization. This strategic and highly collaborative role will integrate with PR and content teams to develop and deliver creative client programs that exceed objectives and unlock organic growth with some of our top accounts. Your job is to tell the client’s story and relentlessly pursue ROI, with a focus on executing programs and developing client relationships.
We are looking for an experienced leader, passionate about social media with an eye toward digital campaign performance, and who thrives in the fast-paced agency landscape. An analytical thinker who can create cross-channel media strategies for our clients and bring to life smart, unique ideas.
In this position, you will be developing and managing social media strategies with a view towards integration, innovation and impacting, pushing our teams to do things differently. We are looking for someone who is not only a strategic thinker but can develop thoughtful plans and manage both projects and teams in the social, digital, content and influencer strategy spaces.
Some of the Amazing Work You'll Do:
- Drive the strategy and teams for North’s core social clients
- Serve as a strategic and trusted advisor to all staff and clients. Actively leading the implementation of strategies to grow client relationships
- Ensure alignment between all integrated partners (internally and externally)
- Develop and implement strategic social media & digital plans to grow client online presence and impact that map back to program KPIs and business goals
- Build quarterly and annual plans, shape strategic direction with a focus on consistently progressing client business
- Gathering insights and analytics with an ability to translate information into meaningful client strategies and actions
- Proactively develop strategies and full-blown ideas that are brand new and exciting for clients
- Effectively navigate the execution of strategic social media plans with junior teams to meet client KPIs
- Participating in forecasting and managing budgets for a specific set of client accounts; focused on organic growth of existing client base
- Review and provide feedback to the team on content, content calendars, decks, wrap reports, etc.
- Broad understanding of Influencer Marketing; ability to consult with clients and teams on strategic influencer planning and execution
- Ongoing tracking and implementation of industry & brand best practices
- Delegate effectively, setting clear expectations and deadlines, and providing needed resources for success
- Anticipate challenges and opportunities across account
- Secure needed resources to deliver under budget; address low-performing operations
- Provide opportunities for teams to grow – presentations, client/partner meeting inclusion, etc.
- Leading brainstorming sessions
Our successful candidate will possess some of the following attributes below. This is just a starting point – if you feel you don’t meet the suggested experience and/or skills, we still encourage you to apply!
Who you are:
- You love working with big brands and managing large budgets with multiple moving pieces.
- You thrive in front of people and pride yourself on your presentation skills.
- You can turn insights into stories that drive action.
- You are a creative thinker with the ability to sell in big ideas.
- You are a leader. You understand that leading requires clear direction and project management as well as the ability to engage and motivate your team. You love to empower people to grow and succeed.
- You aren’t afraid to get into the weeds with your team. You take a hands-on approach to leadership and have a desire to get involved in the day-to-day operations of your accounts.
- You have experience working in an integrated IAT environment and understand the opportunities and challenges that can come along with that
- The social media space is what you’re all about. If you have B2B experience that’s a bonus and while paid experience isn’t a requirement, you understand how and why it is important.
- You are a strategic thinker who can look at the big picture and consider all elements of a plan to recommend the best course of action for your clients.
- Creativity. You love to brainstorm and help to develop killer made-for-social creative across the funnel. You’ll do this in partnership with our partners at Notch Video.
- Your excited by to developing and bringing to life strategic social media & digital plans to grow client online presence and impact that map back to program KPIs and business goals.
- You have a firm grasp on platforms, trends, and analytics, you stay connected with the industry while sharing your knowledge to grow your teams.
- A natural leader your able to coach, mentor and guide your teams to develop strategic campaigns, execute flawlessly and on-time for each client.
- You possess strong social writing skills with the ability to write effective and engaging social content that is invites audiences to lean in a little more.
You are not afraid to jump in and trouble-shoot around customer service-related issues to enhance brand community experience.
And, you have a strong grasp on forecasting and managing budgets
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in the social media or digital space
- Very strong in client communications and account management
- Strong presentation skills with an ability to sell in big ideas
- Experience managing large budgets with multiple moving pieces
- Very strong understanding of social media space, bonus if you have some B2B experience (no need for paid experience, though understanding of it is important)
- Strategic thinker, who considers all elements of a plan to recommend the best course of action
- Creatively minded, who can help develop killer made-for-social creative across the funnel (in partnership with Notch Video)
- Strong social writing; ability to write effective and thumb-stopping social content
- Ability to foster strong relationships with Integrated Agency Team partners
- Passionately committed to collaboration
- Excellent cross-functional leadership and communication skills; dynamic team player
- Shows strong initiative as an entrepreneurial thinker taking independent actions and calculated risks
- Superior time management and organizational abilities
- Strong proficiency in social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok and Snapchat, etc…), effective measurement frameworks for social programs
- Strong interpersonal abilities to effectively manage all internal and external relationships, vendors and agency partners
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment and work well under pressure
- Skilled at analyzing data, deriving insights and building creative output to meet client objectives
- Understanding of community management
- Proficiency in Photoshop is an asset
- Influencer relations is an asset
Why North Strategic? Something we’re most proud of at North is our level of employee engagement. Our employees love coming to work, but also see relationships that extend beyond the work week. As a team we celebrate our company and employee milestones and encourage quality time together. We take pride in our entrepreneurial, creative and empowering culture; a result of our strong commitment to employee engagement.
What We’re Offering:
- Meaningful work where you can have a direct impact working on some of the biggest brands out there!
- A culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, growth and collaboration.
- Work with top talent at an award-winning agency on a serious growth trajectory.
- A focused commitment to career development and personal success – let us help you!
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package including substantial time off policies (like really, it’s a big deal).
- Oh, and did we mention the perks?! Parental leave top-up program; annual summer offsites; regular social events; teams and clubs; weekly Pilates and discounted gym membership just to name a few #workperks.
- All staff meetings so you’re always in the know.
To apply for this position, click "I'm Interested" and easily submit your resume. Note that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you very much for your interest in working at North Strategic. We look forward to meeting you!
North Strategic is committed workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.