Sr. Front-End Web Developer
- 1 Almaden Blvd, San Jose, CA 95113, USA
We’re a digital design firm creating at the world-class level for over 20 years. At our core, we’re passionate about strengthening the relationship between brands and consumers by pairing the right technology with thoughtful design. With offices in San Francisco, San Jose, and San Luis Obispo –we’re a California firm with a unique culture that can’t be replicated. Our people are the key to everything here at Level and we live by purpose, passion, hustle, and pride.
Do you want to work with a highly-collaborative, world-class team to create and deliver high quality, pixel perfect interactive and digital experiences that will be seen by millions of customers?
Are you comfortable working directly with cross-functional teams, clients, and stakeholders to deliver, defend, and iterate on the solutions you have built?
If so, then Level is the place for you.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Developing and maintaining custom frameworks and design systems that are used to power some of the world’s most visible website experiences.
- Building custom tools to support development processes
- Contributing to and maintaining documentation for custom frameworks
- Collaborating and ideating on new features for existing systems
- Collaborating with the creative team to enhance application design across multiple platforms
- Will work with other front-end developers building highly visible interactive web pages
- Responsible for translating precise Photoshop comps into clean, organized HTML and CSS
- Work closely and collaboratively with team members across multiple disciplines
This is a highly visible role and requires a combination of technical capability and business savvy. Top-tier project management and communication skills are key contributors to success in the position.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is currently fully remote and we will consider candidates in the Central or Pacific time zones willing to work on a PST schedule. However, we do expect this role to eventually transition back onsite and relocation to the San Jose area would be expected when that does happen.
- 7+ years of experience working in a highly collaborative team in the creative technology space - an ad agency would be ideal
- Prior experience leading dev teams or projects is a huge plus
- Strong proficiency in CSS and HTML
- Strong proficiency with SASS, or other CSS preprocessors
- Superior communication, organization, and time management skills are a must... this isn't the right role for someone who wants to hide in a corner under headphones and hammer away at a keyboard all day
- Deep experience working on .com projects including innovative and unique product/marketing pages and web applications
- Excellent understanding of ES6
- Experience with at least one templating engine such as Handlebars, Moustache or similar
- Knowledge of best practices in building fluid/responsive layouts
- Experience using Chrome or Safari Dev Tools for inspecting and debugging client side code
- Strong knowledge of browser compatibility, including mobile web browsers, and their rendering engines
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop
- Experience with version control systems such as Git and SVN and structured deployment practices
- Demonstrated experience with modern frontend development tools with NodeJS such as Gulp, Yarn, Webpack and/or others would be awesome
- Experience with localization and right to left languages, is a plus
- Familiarity with Mac OS X including working in the UNIX terminal
- ***PORTFOLIO AND CODE SAMPLES REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION***