Interactive Front End Developer (Associate / Junior Level)
- 101 N Upper Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Junior Interactive Front End Developer – Creative Technology, Creative
At Epsilon, we help marketers create human connections that count, everywhere. Our Digital Media Creative team—made up of over 100 strategists, designers, copywriters, digital producers, creative technologists and operations—are all part of this digital media revolution, and we’re looking for a Junior Interactive Front End Developer to join our team and make a powerful impact from day one.
The Associate Creative Technologist (CT) is responsible for being a true innovator and automator, elevating the technical vision, execution, and strategy within the Creative Team. The CT’s time will be split between conception and development of highly dynamic HTML/JS ad units. Your ongoing collaboration with partner teams and Senior CTs will contribute to creative ideation, while building on your already impressive skills. Your knowledge will be pushed to the limit as you prototype animations and custom functionality in HTML, CSS, and ES5/6. The Associate CT brings a comprehensive understanding of cross-device, cross-browser and cross-platform best practices to the table as well as a passion for advertising.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build state of the art, data-driven ad tech that can withstand anything
- Collaborate with Art Directors, Digital Producers, Creative Technologists and other cross-team partners to deliver best-in-class work for clients
- Exterminate bugs and galvanize your code bases — all while creating comprehensive, reusable solutions
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems with the resources and environments that are available to you
- Partner with Senior CTs to conceptualize and prototype new ad tech
- Innovate and contribute to interdisciplinary cross teams on internal initiatives
- Present your bleeding-edge ideas to the Creative team
- Be curious!
- Knowledge of using source control like GIT and Bitbucket
- Understanding of advanced principles in animation
- Demonstrated online/digital experience
- Proficient in translating creative/design solutions to rock solid tech executions
- Problem-solver who enjoys the challenge of working through your own, or others, buggy code
- Proven track record of excelling in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with many simultaneous projects
- Strong collaborator and communicator
- Able to accept critical feedback and apply it
- Veracious learner who applies the newest technologies responsibly and understands when/how to use it
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in Computer Programming, Computer Technology, or Computer Science
- Coding bootcamps will also be considered
- 1-3 years of experience in tech/agency/in-house environment
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.