- Harris Street 21, Sydney, NSW, Australia
At Leo Burnett we believe that creativity is the most powerful asset in business today. In an increasingly commoditised world, creativity is the greatest competitive advantage for our clients and their brands. Our ability to create fresh, original, disruptive, transformative ideas comes from a deep understanding of human behaviour. It’s what we bring to every business problem. We call it HumanKind™ thinking. It’s not about customers or consumers; we start with people and their behaviour. And we use all our intelligence, design thinking, digital innovation and customer experience capabilities to shape that thinking into behaviour and business-changing solutions.
Do you love writing? Are you a creative thinker? Do you know how to make audiences on social laugh, cry or buy?
As a digital native, you love blogging, tweeting, writing copy and coming up with ideas that are impactful and fit for social platforms.
You’re a natural storyteller and you can write around anything! We won’t be mad if you’re funny, witty and a great collaborator either.
As a Social Copywriter, you’ll be responsible for creating copy to engage and grow social communities. So naturally, you’ll take pride in staying on top of the latest social media and mobile trends. We’re looking for someone who is a social-first thinker and wants to be at the forefront of social innovation.
We’re looking for someone who loves to bring fresh, creative thinking to every brief, is strategic about it and leads with great, relevant insights.
You will be embedded in our social and content team and will be great at multi-tasking. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working across social content on all key platforms, and a strong understanding of how to adapt different communication modes and tones of voice to attract and retain a variety of audiences.
A passion for conversation and community will be a big plus. You will be able to talk on behalf of a brand and engage people across multiple platforms.
A bit about you…
- 3+ years of relevant experience in an agency, with a publisher or client-side.
- Ability to write clear, concise, and convincing copy – you will have excellent grammatical accuracy, attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of and passion for social media, especially Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Twitch.
- Strong editorial and creative writing skills.
- Experience writing across various platforms and channels and an innate ability to tell engaging stories that bring brands to life.
- Some community management experience – namely being the voice of the brand and crafting responses for community conversation and queries.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
What we’ll offer you:
- A creative, fun and rewarding team culture where collaboration is key
- All the benefits of being part of a global network with a Wholeself program, Learning & Development opportunities, flexible working and an industry leading parental leave policy
- Opportunity to work with a diverse workforce across the network
- Confidential 24 hour support via our employee assistance programme
Leo Burnett, as a part of Publicis Groupe, believes that to deliver the best solutions to our clients, our people need to reflect the diverse communities in which our clients operate. We value diversity and the skills, knowledge and experience that difference brings to our culture and solutions. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.