Social Account Manager
- 175 Bloor St E, Toronto, ON M4W 3R8, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Publicis Media is one of Canada’s fastest growing Media Agency networks. The secret sauce? A pool of talented individuals who learn from each other (while tapping into global centres of excellence) and transparency at the core of everything we do, from data reporting to billing all the way to agency leadership. The result is a blend of meaningful work for some of Canadas’ favorite brands and endless opportunities to grow for our team members.
Publicis Media has experienced an incredible growth rate over the past years. The network has transformed and moved at the pace of culture. As a company we are pleased to offer the opportunity to work from anywhere.
In addition to providing continuing opportunities for career growth we are proud to offer our employees market leading benefit and incentive programs.
You’ll be provided with 3 weeks minimum vacation to start plus additional long weekend Publicis days, holidays closures, your birthday off, free headspace memberships, wellness and technology credits, and market leading savings and pension plans.
We strive to provide what matters to you personally with the ability to choose and modify programs to suit your lifestyle.
Working under the direction of and in concert with the Social Media Director, the Social Media Manager leads a team in the conception and delivery of innovative, well-targeted, business-building social media marketing solutions to meet or exceed client objectives. This involves the creation and execution of social media plans, unearthing insights to inform the development of the plan, and flawless execution on all fronts while working collaboratively with the overall Strategy teams on a clients’ business.
- Ensures that client relationships continue to be strengthened by quality of deliverables and client satisfaction with the work
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of client business
- Able to demonstrate to clients how proposed social media solutions will show expected return on investment with company
- Actively listens to clients and continually identifies opportunities that have the potential to build clients’ business
- Ensures the quality of work for all client deliverables
- Recognized as industry expert with clients
- Social Media Expertise / Digital Holistic Approach
- Expert knowledge in social media, emerging technologies and ability to identify opportunities for client’s business needs
- Digital media experience preferred but not required although a holistic approach in planning and executing social media is a must
- Behaviors and deliverables consistently demonstrate thought leadership and innovation
- Recognized as social media (planning and buying) expert with team and with other groups within the company
- Develops process improvements and best practices to ensure consistency, flexibility and efficiency resulting in solutions that meet or exceed clients’ expectations
- Leads by example via work ethic, team building approach, attitude and overall collaboration
- Maintain overall control of work-flow and assigned responsibilities within the group
- Oversee the progress of all projects
- Provide assistance, where necessary, to assure timely completion of projects
- Maintain quality control of all group projects
- Ensure that projects are produced completely, correctly and with a maximum of manpower efficiency
- Intercede as much as possible as to encourage individual subordinate initiative and to observe their personal abilities and growth
- Stimulate subordinate productivity and growth by allocation of assignments which combine to make productive and effective use of each person’s skills, as well as motivating their interests and challenging their minds
- Encouraging thorough evaluation of social media proposals and alternative digital media opportunities
- Supporting direct contact with account groups and clients
- Assist Director in providing formal training of strategy teams and clients on social media landscape, tools and processes
- Prepare and execute all special department assignments requested by management
- Provides direction, management and support to individuals within group
- Identifies development plans and supports group members’ growth into positions of progressive responsibility with increased levels of contribution
- Proactively communicates performance goals, as well as accomplishments and improvement needs to staff members on a regular basis. Prepares thoughtful, thorough, and timely annual (at least) performance appraisals that consistently and fairly indicate staff members’ performance relative to expected performance for each position – and completes documentation according to established timeframes
- Effectively and professionally handles performance issues as they occur
- Effectively trains and develops media assistants, strategists, supervisors in company practices as well as planning and/or buying strategies and execution. Trains administrative assistances and media coordinators to support group needs
- Ensures productive working relationships among team members and between agency departments, other agencies, clients and media vendors
- Six + years of progressive levels of responsibility in social media planning, buying and management
- Demonstrated business acumen and a track record of success in the social media services profession
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Solid interpersonal and teamwork abilities
- Able to build and strengthen client relationships
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Strong analytical abilities
- Strong command of media research and reporting resources
Publicis Media is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for all stages of the interview and employment process for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in Publicis Media however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.