Associate Director, Global Strategy
- 375 Hudson Street, New York, NY
As the Human Experience Company, we are a global media agency that believes in the alchemy of people and technology to create experiences people love and actions brands need. It’s in our DNA. We’re powered by the strength of our innovative, driven and intelligent people who are deeply passionate about achieving best-in-class results on behalf of our clients – some of the world’s leading marketers.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of perks rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and very generous paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.
This position is responsible for day-to-day stewardship of the Global Samsung Consumer Electronics account. This position will report into the Global Strategy Director. The ideal candidate for this position will be a thoughtful decision maker and team player who loves data and has the proven ability to lead strategic planning initiatives including deck writing, budget and channel allocation and audience development. This is an energetic, collaborative team that partners with a data-driven client to provide guidance as they continue to grow and evolve their brand.
- Work closely with strategy team members, activation & analytics to develop media recommendations for Global Samsung Consumer Electronics campaigns that are backed with data and grounded in learnings – foundational knowledge in digital, social & programmatic
- Craft annual media strategy & guidelines for local markets based on competitive marketplace, media trends, consumer journey, consumer insights, and Samsung communication objectives
- Able to manage multiple campaigns, various clients, direct reports, and cross functional teams (activation, analytics, creative, etc.) on a daily basis overseeing the quality, accuracy, and timely delivery of projects
- Develop strong working relationship with partner agencies and regional offices to create seamless communication
- Identify innovative media campaigns based on latest media trends, new-to-market offerings, technology, and award-winning case studies to share with Samsung clients and internal teams
- Passion for learning and developing oneself and the team; continues to challenge the status quo and offers proactive recommendations, solutions, thoughts, etc.
- Leadership and Management: Ability to take ownership and motivate others through personal actions and work product; has a natural passion for learning via direct feedback, training, and coaching and desire to always improve
- Strategic & Analytical Thinking: Understands and actions upon client’s business objectives and chosen strategies and is capable of creating plans/tactics to move the business forward. Able to develop insightful post campaign learnings and data-based recommendations with clear understanding of the consumer journey
- Communication: Marked by understanding and presenting ideas (verbal and written) in an accurate and organized way. Keeps team members up to date on work and pending projects; confident in asking clarifying questions when deliverables and timelines are unclear
- Teamwork & Flexibility: Proactively offering input and personal opinions but also supporting team decisions once made. Able to work flexible hours given client location (Korea) and attend & participate on evening calls (e.g. bi-weekly status calls and/or ad hoc presentations based on deliverables)
- Media Fundamentals: Demonstrate strong understanding of media fundamentals, including media math, target audience development, and communication goals
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, advertising, communications or related field
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in media strategy/planning experience across media channels
- Resourceful, curious, and motivated individual with an ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Strong digital media experience preferred (display, social, search, programmatic)
- Have developed communication briefs or annual strategy with digital insights
- Basic understanding of 3rd party ad serving / trafficking process
- Experience on another Global account highly preferred
Starcom is an equal opportunity employer.