Vice President, Corporate Development
- 375 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014, USA
- Employees can work remotely
With over 20 years of experience, CJ Affiliate is the most trusted and established name in affiliate marketing. As a performance-based marketing channel, we help advertisers acquire new customers and increase sales to current customers, while facilitating compensation to publishers for every action they drive. We reach billions of consumers by creating fair, transparent, and successful partnerships between advertisers and publishers.
We take just as much pride in our innovative technology and comprehensive data as we do in the expertise and dedication of our people. Our collaborative teams are equipped with advanced tools, training, and career development opportunities in order to provide our clients with cutting edge solutions, strategies, and support that drive meaningful results.
Under Publicis Groupe’s solution hub Publicis Media, CJ Affiliate has the resources and commitment to offer a truly customer-centric approach to affiliate marketing across our 14 offices worldwide. Above all else, our greatest asset has always been our people, and we are honored that that some of the best and brightest in the industry choose to call us home. We hope you will, too.
Corporate Development focuses on establishing, then maintaining, a robust feedback loop with our top clients’ marketing executives where we both listen to their needs and demonstrate that CJ is the market leader in affiliate (aka partner) marketing. This relationship helps us as we work to minimize contract cancellations while limiting rate reductions and improving other contractual, data, and technical integrations. Top account renewals are vital to CJ’s long-term success and need to be proactively managed and orchestrated by this team. Our Corporate Development team, which sits within the Business Development organization, engages our ~200 largest strategic accounts. The team is comprised of a leader plus six VPs of Corporate Development, organized by geography, who will also be counted on for category expertise (Retail, Financial, Travel, Network & Home Services). Our ideal candidate will bring a blend of business development, senior-level (VP+) client account management, experience with the affiliate or partner marketing space, and a solid understanding of the other areas of digital marketing, as well as the interplay between online and offline marketing and commerce.
Do these things interest you? You will:
- For assigned accounts, retain clients and contract value by improving the rate of renewal and quality of our agreements by minimizing contract cancellations while limiting rate reductions and improving other contractual, data, and technical integrations.
- Work across client organizations to ensure the value of the marketing channel (as a whole) and CJ (specifically) is well understood and valued with an eye to increasing the total investment that a client makes through CJ.
- Elevate CJ’s profile to higher levels in the client organization, outside of our day-to-day affiliate contacts.
- Proactively communicate product development strategy to clients, solicit meaningful feedback, and provide this to the CJ product team.
- Lead upsell opportunities created by product innovation.
- Understand each customer’s value perception of CJ as a partner and solicit feedback on where we can improve in this regard.
- Look for opportunities to expand to sister companies, new regions globally, and introduce our sister Publicis Groupe agencies and then monitor the progress to ensure a solid handoff.
- Travel to meet clients and work with CJ’s account teams
- You have a Bachelor's Degree or related work experience
- Mastery of affiliate or partner marketing at scale, including a good understanding of CJ and the competitive landscape
- Strong experience servicing top affiliate or partner programs among large advertisers. Business development experience in driving growth among existing client relationships.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, solid quantitative and analytical background, and excellent presentation and persuasion capabilities.
Why CJ Affiliate?
CJ Affiliate is the leader in Affiliate Marketing. We take pride in our innovative technology, comprehensive data solutions and our people. We equip our teams with advanced tools, training and career development opportunities all to provide cutting edge solutions, strategies and support to deliver high quality results for our clients. We work in an energetic, results-oriented, collaborative, team environment that recognizes exceptional performance. As we evolve and grow as a business, so do you.
We're a community of creative and passionate problem solvers who go the distance to tackle the tough questions, think outside the box, and drive intelligent growth, for our clients—and ourselves. We foster and embody an inclusive and collaborative culture where diverse perspectives are sought, relationships are valued, and people feel accepted with a sense of belonging in expressing themselves authentically. We pride ourselves in having a workplace environment that values both work and play. Business Resource Groups, Fun team outings, office events, and flexible time off mean a work life balance with colleagues that turn into lifelong friends.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
CJ Affiliate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CJ Affiliate’s policies prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. CJ Affiliate also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
CJ Affiliate will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.