Associate Director, Strategy
- 40 East Verdugo Avenue, Burbank, CA
“If you can dream it, you can do it”
- Walt Disney
Publicis Imagine, a division of Publicis Media, is the newly assigned media agency for Disney+, Disney Parks, Experiences and Resorts as well as ESPN/ ESPN+.
We are a bespoke agency created solely for Disney, made of the best talent within the Groupe as well as within the industry, with a sole focus of leading the change and driving businesses into the future.
We also too believe that if you can dream it, you can do it.
We are Publicis Imagine.
Publicis Imagine is looking for a talented Integrated Associate Media Director, Strategy to manage the day-to-day Media Planning and Strategy functions for a high profile and fast-paced entertainment account. This person will lead a team in the development, execution, and stewardship of media plans for Disney+. The AMD effectively leverages experience, knowledge and skills to push fresh thinking while balancing client, agency, and team needs with the assistance of the VP/SVP/EVP. This position reports directly to the VP/SVP, Strategy.
- Implement effective marketing strategies and lead all day-to-day aspects of planning across multiple campaigns
- Develop planning objectives that align with and elevate the client’s marketing and business goals
- Act as the cross-team leader, integrating all aspects of media to define and execute campaigns
- Establish and grow client relationships by demonstrating an understanding of industry and client business issues
- Work with internal investment teams to gauge media performance and KPIs to determine the extent to which the original objectives and strategies were met
- Following detailed instructions and using established procedures, completes work in a detailed and complete manner
- Supervising, training and developing skills of Assistants, Planners and Supervisors by managing workload, delegating responsibilities and checking work for accuracy
- Provide job performance feedback to subordinates to manage career trajectory of the junior staff and make recommendations to management
- Oversee the process and procedure for client set up, billing and all administrative functions
- Responsible for managing projects and resources for all aspects impacting the client’s business
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of junior staff
- Mentor and guide direct reports to ensure proper education for advancement
- Lead by example assisting in all levels of the planning and activation process
- Effectively communicate across all levels and be willing to adopt new skills
- Detailed awareness of media landscape, trends, challenges and competition
- Strong knowledge of all cross-channel media, with a drive for curiosity and passion for the client’s business
- B.A. or B.S., preferably in Marketing, Advertising, or related field
- 6+ years of media planning experience
- 2+ years of experience managing junior staff
- 2+ years of experience on a fast paced entertainment account
- Agency experience highly preferred
- Computer Skills/Software Knowledge: Microsoft Suite, Nielsen Suite, Kantar, IMS, Flowchart Software, R/F and Optimization Software, Social Tracking tools, comScore, Prisma, Mbox, MRI/GfK, GWI
- Ability to translate data into well-articulated and actionable ideas
- Strong written and verbal skills, with ability to present to clients, maintain client correspondence and internal documentation
- Minimal supervision, relies on experience/ judgment
- Resource for others in resolution of complex problems/issues
- Excellent management, motivational, organizational, interpersonal and quantitative/analytical skills
- Detail-oriented and proven ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrate ability to learn new propriety software and processes quickly and proficiently
- Understanding of Activation/Negotiation team functions
- Manage projects, resources, stakeholders, and participants
- Orient, train, assign and review the work of subordinates
- Be a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems/issues
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.