- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
- Employees can work remotely
PHM is the leading health media agency in the US. We are designed for—and dedicated to—delivering best-in-class solutions that connect people with meaningful health and wellness solutions every day. Guided by our genuine passion for health and wellness, our work across the entire media ecosystem helps real patients navigate the most pivotal moments of their healthcare journeys.
At PHM, we sit squarely at the intersection of Publicis Health, the largest Healthcare Communications network in the world, and Publicis Media, the number one buyer of media in the US. This gives us access to talent, technology and data to help us deliver the market-leading solutions that give our clients true competitive advantage.
While we have grown to be the No. 1 agency in our industry, at heart we’re still a startup. It’s that energy and spirit of innovation that allows us to create bold and meaningful “health media firsts” for our clients, and to do it all with #phmlove.
At Publicis Health, we are united around one purpose: to create a world where people are equipped and motivated to take control of their health. We transform healthcare marketing and communications into healthcare engagement. We believe healthcare marketing is healthcare, fostering healthy conversations, healthy behaviors and healthy people.
The Media Planner executes media buying and contributes to media planning for assigned clients. The Planner is “Master of the details” - capable of running small to medium sized projects with limited day-to-day supervision. The goal for the role is to continue to learn and apply basic media principles.
· Expertise in cross channel media tools (e.g., ComScore @ plan, SRDS, DoubleClick, etc.)
· Knowledge of competitive marketplace
· Demonstrates solid knowledge of cross channel media tools and response forecasting
· Solid understanding of the brands, media channels and starts focusing on a particular area of media
· Knows how the agency works and how jobs flow through the agency
· Has broad but basic knowledge of the brands, category, channels & processes
· Competency in media math, financial terminology, publisher T&Cs
· Gain understanding of online campaign management trafficking/ad serving systems, media technologies including MediaVisor and traffic sheets through taking appropriate trainings and meeting with Power Users and MOTs
· Basic knowledge of media tools: @Plan, Ad Relevance, SDS, Benchtools, ComScore, etc.
· Basic knowledge and assistance in media planning and buying process
· Develop strong financial management skills through actualization, UMB/IRR, and Workflow training
· Seeks to understand the project strategy and gain competitive knowledge. Understands media goals, objectives & strategies for ad campaign
Internal: Operations, Tactics and Strategy
Manages campaign execution independently and efficiently with limited supervision. “Owns” the daily work on assigned brands. Work very well with internal teams. Point person on specific projects or assignments with key stakeholders.
· Owns, updates and presents internal status. Consistently keeps team “in the loop” on status of projects verbally and/or in writing
· Begins to pro-actively identify/resolve campaign execution issues
· Contributes thoughtfully to the planning process
· Strategy: Independently develops innovative media recommendations and POVs. Owns campaign optimization recommendations. Transforms research data into actionable customer insights, observations and conclusions. Contributes to defining client’s media strategy (online and offline). Learn why strategic decisions were made on assigned brands and what the implications are
· Analysis: Pull and interpret campaign trending and metrics. Conducts data and consumer profile gathering. Assists in the development of results analyses which include insights and implications of data. Performs campaign analysis; identifies & resolves issues
· Buying: Executes media planning & buying independently. Develops cross channel request for proposals (RFPs), evaluates proposals and finalizes buy recommendations. Accountable for on-time, on-budget campaigns, and quality assurance of all ad placements in-market
· Participates in development and use of processes to enable efficient program execution
· Ability to manage & prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
· Consistently leads internal and external discussions in certain media topic areas. Active participant in meetings
· Proactively identifies and addresses issues with the management team
· Listen, comprehend, and articulate project roles and responsibilities
· Info shares industry news and updates with the team to facilitate discussion
· Highly responsive, timely and effective at meeting client requests
· Understands clients’ business
· Attends client meetings and provides timely follow-up. Very detail oriented.
· Manages media deliverables and communicates specs, program details, and deadlines
· Develops strategic relationships with key outside partners
· Communication: Ability to write clear, cohesive, client-ready documents. Strong written and verbal interaction with internal teams (marketing, other capabilities, outside vendors). Strong public speaking and presentation skills
· Vendor management: Well versed in vendor landscape, and contributes to agency POVs. Direct and guide vendor activation with project or brand goals understood. Evaluates publisher proposals for completion, accuracy, relevance and potential inclusion
· Exhibits Integrity and Trust
· Exhibits Self Development
· Adherence to agency procedures (on-time and accurate timesheets, GDPs, 360 feedback)
· Solid listening skills and takes notes during meetings, disseminates notes & follow-up as appropriate
· Ability to clearly communicate both orally and in writing
· Proficiency in computer skills used to manage day-to-day workflow (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite)
· Ability to work in a matrix (multi-supervisory) environment; Ability to multi-task, manage one’s time, and demonstrate personal organization and ability to meet deadlines (strong work ethic); Ability to take initial direction, then transition to a more independent work style
· Bachelors degree required
· 2-4 years media planning experience and/ or 1+ years online experience preferred
· Pharmaceutical industry a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.