- 375 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014, USA
Heartbeat is the full-service marketing agency for healthcare Challenger Brands. It’s our lifeblood to help these brands overcome their competitive challenges and rise above the expectations. That means we never take the easy road. We are a crew of optimists and activists who believe that “Never Been Done” doesn’t mean “Don’t Ever Do.”
That’s the philosophy, here are the creds: 250+ employees between NYC & LA; strategy, creative, media, & technology under a single roof; a pile of industry awards for our work (Clio, OMMA, MM+M, MANNY) and our agency (4x Best Place to Work from Ad Age & MM+M). We are especially proud of our industry-leading commitment to diversity & inclusion, with recognition from Med Ad News as a D&I Champion.
If you want to surround yourself with partners who are insightful, inventive, and courageous—well, you just hit the motherload.
- Lead and execute long-form copy development for one or more brand engagements across HCP & Consumer audiences in the pharmaceutical marketing sectorKnow, like the back of your hand, all aspects of the brand and disease state, including trials, studies, and patient profiles
- Build strong relationships with Creative, Medical, Account, and Client brand teams, such that each group identifies you as the holder of all copy, editorial and clinical knowledge for the brand
- Partner with Creative, Medical/Strategy, Account and Client teams to ensure copy that advances creative brief objectives and accomplishes marketing objectives
- Point person for original (directed) copy development on assigned client engagements, including both tactical projects (websites and interactive marketing applications) and creative campaigns
- Present to, build relationships with, and find actionable paths forward based on the critiques of client MLR (medical, legal, regulatory) teams
- Build leadership cooperation with Editorial to engender obsessive attention to narrative consistency, voice & tone, and accuracy of content
- Write, reference and annotate copy in preparation for medical/legal review in a deadline-focused environment
- See copy decks and manuscripts through development and to launch (in partnership with Editorial)
- Deliver fluent knowledge of interactive capabilities, content development and editorial flow
- Develop original content for new projects, and collaborate with Medical Director when needed
- Help mentor more junior Copy Writers, developing their ability to produce quality work
- Ability to interpret disease state information and trial data and craft relevant educational and promotional messages in both promotional and peer to peer HCP settings.
- Ability to research and source scientific claims for disease state and promotional messages
- Experience with high-science brands, creating content for specialists across peer-to-peer programs, CME, and/or scientific communications/conference channels.
- Ability to recognize strong creative ideas and see them through to completion.
- Ability to sell ideas to other members of the creative team and to clients.
- In-depth knowledge of pharmaceutical/healthcare marketing.
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience creating disease state content for HCPs required
- Experience writing for HCPs in high-science categories, (eg. Neurology, rheumatology, immunology, oncology)
- Track record as a creative problem solver with a knack for fresh ideas and a new perspective.
- At least 2-4 years’ web copywriting experience, including work in pharma/healthcare.
- Experience with writing consumer-focused and healthcare professional focused content.
- Bachelor’s degree
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.