Lead Data Scientist
- Floors 5 – 8, HUB 2, Building of SEZ Towers, Karle Town Centre, Nagavara, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Why CJ Affiliate?
With over 20 years of experience, CJ Affiliate is the most trusted and established name in affiliate marketing. Since being founded in Santa Barbara, California in 1998, we have been passionate about driving intelligent growth for our clients.
Located across 14 offices worldwide, our employees are dedicated to delivering innovative solutions and strategies designed to drive big results. We dig deep and tackle the tough questions for our clients. As part of Publicis Groupe, One of the largest marketing and communications companies in the world and CJ Affiliate is aligned within its media hub Publicis Media (PMX), our access to unparalleled data allows us to offer a truly customer-centric approach to affiliate marketing.
Why are we looking for you
We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist who is passionate about solving business problems for our clients through the application of data science, with best in class solutions, that also provides us competitive edge. The candidate will have to collaborate/consult with clients and internal teams (Client Support, Product Management) to define, derive, and deploy analytical solutions to solve those business problems. One who is passionate about deriving actionable insight from complex data, can effectively communicate complex problems in simple business terms to stakeholders/clients.
What will you enjoy in this role
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Develop a use case roadmap for a problem area or capability for the business. Frame the business problem into a Data Science or modelling problem.
- Extract data from multiple sources. Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product.
- Work as the data strategist, identifying and integrating new datasets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities and work closely with Client Support, Product Management and Engineering team to strategize and execute the development of data products.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis. Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods. Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using ML/AI techniques.
- Present technical solutions to internal and external stakeholders in a formal setting, effectively communicating key concepts and functionalities
- Effectively manage client expectations via direct and frequent communication with high quality results
- Develop front end deliverable solutions for stakeholders utilizing BI tools such as Tableau, Cognos, Excel, or similar
- Work on multiple assignments concurrently, while handling priorities and challenges and meeting timelines basis project plan and roadmap.
- Build self-service tools for error detection, diagnosis, and predictive metrics.
- Responsible for overseeing and mentoring projects of 2-3 junior Data Scientists
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., data science, statistics, economics, mathematics, computer science) or significant relevant coursework/experience
- 8+ years professional experience in the field of data science or business intelligence
- Demonstrated proficiency in PYTHON/SCALA/SQL and BIG DATA technologies and the proven ability to program in big data/cloud technologies such as AWS & SPARK; minimum 4 years of experience
- Experienced with Machine Learning algorithms such as logistic regression, linear regression, lasso regression, k-means, random forest, XG boost, KNN, SVM and neural network; minimum 4 years of experience
- Able to produce elaborate documents/narrative suggesting actionable insights and recommendations leveraging BI tools such as Tableau
- Expertise with Microsoft Office products; including Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Great communication skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Self-driven and results oriented. Willing to stretch to meet tight timelines.
- Strong team player with ability to collaborate effectively across geographies/ time zones
- Good understanding of Digital Marketing, Campaign Measurement, Web Analytics
- Professional experience working with R
- Professional experience working with Power BI, Cognos, Dash, Looker, Domo
- Professional experience in fraud analytics, customer journey, attribution modeling, churn modeling, predictive analytics, customer segmentation, feature creation, statistical testing, a/b testing, production curve modeling, NLP, and partner recommendations.
- Professional analytical consulting experience with clients in Retail, Finance, Travel, or Home and Business Services