Senior Associate Data Science and Analytics - Machine Learning Engineer
- 134 Peter Street, Toronto, ON, United States
As a digital business transformation partner of choice, we’ve spent nearly three decades utilizing the disruptive power of technology and ingenuity to help digitally enable our clients' business in their pursuit of next. We bring a startup mindset and agile methods to both established companies and the public sector to unlock value in ways that delight their customers and improve their operational effectiveness. Our approach to transformation is grounded in a view of both the company and the customers simultaneously, and a unique fusing of strategy and consulting, experience, and engineering with an enduring culture of problem-solving creativity.
As a Data Scientist on the Marcel team you will work closely with the Data, Product, Marketing, Experience, Development and Services teams. You will bring your expertise to the forefront as you work with product teams to introduce personalization models and provide actionable insights to influence the product direction. Day-to-day you will be working on hands on as part of feature development and refinement, to implement both knowledge mining algorithms and complex ML/AI models, to deliver and measure value.
You are a specialist, mentor and advocate. You have strong machine learning and deep learning background and are passionate about transforming data into ML models. You welcome the challenge of data science and are proficient in Python, Spark MLLib, Tensorflow, Keras, ML algorithms and Deep Neural Networks, Big Data.
You must be self-driven, take initiative and want to work in a dynamic, busy and innovative group. You will work with a distributed team (onshore and offshore) and work closely with a broadly talented team of delivery management, data/business analysts, visual designers, analytics, developers, and QA.
About Marcel:  https://www.publicisgroupe.com/en/news/press-releases/publicis-groupe-unveils-marcel
Coming from a quantitative behavioral science discipline, and with experience analyzing web app and mobile app data, you will focus on user experience, business and brand outcomes, you’ll enjoy using your statistical experience to uncover opportunities and meaning from the data, as well as making forward-thinking strategic recommendations and communications to Marcel’s cross-functional work-streams. As an experienced collaborator and communicator across business, technology, and analytics teams, and through blending science and creativity, you will:
- Provide guidance to the team of Data Scientists and manage Machine learning and Deep Learning based team and projects. Work with the team who analyze complex data structure, manipulate, cleanse data and perform statistical analysis
- Design, develop, train and validate machine learning models using Spark ML, Python, HDFS.
- Design and implement deep neural network models using Tensorflow, Keras and Python
- Develop machine learning pipelines with big data design principles in Airflow or Azure Data Factory
- Own end to end implementations of multiple marketing machine learning models such as Churn, CLV, Propensity, Affinity models.
Experience with large scale distributed databases and computing systems like Databricks Spark, EMR
- Experience with large scale distributed databases and computing systems like Databricks Spark, EMR.
- Proven capability to deliver end-to-end analyses by asking the right questions, extracting data, and building predictive models to ensure actionable results.
- 3-5 years of total IT experience with 3+ years with demonstrable experience in algorithms like Logistic Regression, Gradient Boosted Machines
- 2-3 years of strong experience in leading machine learning teams with Spark and Big Data environment.
- Expertise in predictive analytics/data mining/machine learning algorithms.
- Strong experience in DNN models using TensorFlow v1.8 above, Keras, Pytorch
- Experience with sequence modeling using RNNs/LSTMs is must.
- Strong experience in at least one database technology (i.e. Spark, Hive, PrestoDb)
- Hands on coding experience in Python is must, any additional programming language such as R, C, C++ is a plus
- Experience working with query languages (i.e. Spark-SQL, T-SQL) is must.
- Understanding and experience working with cloud infrastructure services like Azure and Amazon Web Services. MS Azure and ADF is preferred.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate ideas.
- MS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or equivalent education/professional experience is desired.
- Experience working with code repositories and continuous integration (Git/Jenkins)
- Strong passion for understanding key business problems, bringing together the team to understand data/ instrumentation needs and/or mine through data to unearth deep insights into customer experiences
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate ideas, insights and complicated analysis effectively at all organizational levels, include engineering leadership
- Flexible vacation policy; time is not limited, allocated, or accrued
- 15 paid holidays throughout the year
- Generous parental leave and new parent transition program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Corporate 401K matching program