European Digital Director
- Wood Ln, London W12, UK
We believe in exploring new perspectives. Looking at things differently. Turning structure upside down, back to front and sideways. Excited by what we might find.
So we think big. And act bigger. Stay versatile and interconnected. Approach everything with an inventive spirit and rigorous mindset.
Individually we’re great. But as a team we’re unstoppable. Together, we seek out opportunities, frame problems and solve complex challenges.
Our collective brilliance exposes breakthroughs. Our capability unleashes creativity. We pursue a new perspective. And deliver a new kind of ROI.
We blend data, technology and brilliant specialists to:
- Find new opportunities for our clients
- Scout out new opportunities
- Grow our client business
Driven by detail - We’re obsessed with every detail. The insight we gather helps us solve complex challenges and transform our clients’ businesses. It’s our job to know the detail so we can make our clients’ lives better.
The inventive spirit - This spirit is what sets our people apart from others in the industry. Our desire to find, create and develop new approaches and platforms to transform our clients’ businesses is where the magic happens.
Never give up - We’re our clients’ partners. So their goals become our goals. We do everything we can to not just meet those goals, but surpass them.
Positive - We look for opportunities and celebrate solutions – we’re the type of people that make things happen.
Straight Talking - We put growth first and focus on the end result. This means keeping it simple and being confident in our insight.
In it together - We’re natural collaborators. We seamlessly work together – with our own brilliant specialists and with our external partners – to deliver better results for our clients.
As a Digital Director, you will be working on one of Starcom’s flagship accounts, Visa. They are a huge client who has been with Starcom for years and has expanded their remit with Publicis by becoming a Power of One account, which pulls together resources from other Publicis Groupe agency hubs.
You will be the regional digital lead for Europe, the leading and most advanced region when it comes to the digital media, beating North America! This role means you will be managing the European Digital Hub, a team who plans and buys media across 32 markets thought Programmatic, Social and Search. You will also be leading the partnerships and sponsorships Visa have, they are heavily invested in sporting events, and will be running sponsorship campaigns with the Tokyo Olympics and Paralympic Games, Women’s Championship League, Women’s UEFA, FIFA and FIFA world cup.
Visa is a valuable client to Publicis and Starcom, which means you will be working with some of the best in the industry as well as the account getting recognition from Senior internal stakeholders from brand CEO’s right up to Publicis Groupe Regional and Global CEO’s.
This role is critical to the success of Visa European Client Services team, especially in the effort to deliver a data driven marketing agenda. You will take ownership for one of the core strategic channels for future growth, with a focus on Programmatic, search, social and partnerships, cultivating new and exciting solutions that answer the client’s key business goals.
Other responsibilities include:
- Owning and managing the relationship with the Central Visa clients as well as local clients
- Lead and coordinate the digital channels learning agenda with client and activation leads
- Manage and provide support for the central hub digital planning team on ad hoc strategy, analysis and projects
- Be seen as the digital lead for Visa Europe across the 30+ markets, local agencies and clients within the leadership team, setting vison and strategic direction
- Coordinate and upskill the local market teams to better understand how we can improve ways of working within the team
- Help Drive innovation within the digital space, pushing relevant partners to build better focussed solutions for Visa Clients
You will have:
- Strong experience in digital media planning and buying at an Account Director level within biddable or programmatic activation – ideally in a media agency setting
- Extensive team and stakeholder management experience, you will be leading a team of 5+ in the UK, as well as internal teams across markets and central/local clients
- Proven experience building trusted partnerships with your clients, as well as solid presentation skills
- Experience in working on a global/regional client is a plus