Senior Data Analyst
- Floors 5 – 8, HUB 2, Building of SEZ Towers, Karle Town Centre, Nagavara, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
The Analytic Consulting Group partners with both internal and external clients, and data providers, leveraging predictive analytics and advanced statistical techniques to drive strategic thought and effective decision making. The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for conducting data analyses using SAS/SQL and other resources in support of a variety of analytic solutions.
What you will be doing:
- Provide SAS/SQL programming, with detailed direction, in the execution of data analysis that will contribute to the final project deliverables
- Appropriately account for the timeliness and quality of all assignments
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to manage data logistics - including data transfers, understanding data structures, business rules, etc. - to enable project execution
- QA/QC data and report output to ensure accuracy
- Support the development of reports by providing requisite content
- Participate in presentation of reports to key internal stakeholders, effectively communicating the steps taken to create the output
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Monitor project progress relative to timeline and scope.
Why are we looking for you:
- 5 - 8 years’ professional experience with data mining, segmentation, and/or predictive modeling using large, marketing databases
- Demonstrated proficiency in SAS/SQL programming; minimum 2 years
- Working knowledge of MS Office; including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong analytic thought process and ability to interpret findings
- Ability to work on multiple assignments concurrently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Acute attention to detail (QA/QC)
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Professional judgment
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, economics, mathematics, marketing analytics) or significant relevant coursework.
- Advanced degree (Master’s/PhD) in Statistics, Economics or other quantitative discipline
- Database marketing experience/knowledge
- Ability to program in newer and emerging languages such as R and Python; working knowledge of Hadoop and other big data technologies