Senior Account Manager, Social
- 445 King St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1K4, Canada
A three-time SABRE Canadian Agency of the Year winner (2015, 2016, 2019) North has achieved unprecedented success since launching in 2011. North disrupts the industry with its approach to PR, influencer, social and digital, establishing itself as a Canadian agency leader.
Where other agencies begin to stagnate, North has found the sweet spot between boutique and large agency: this ‘nine-year-old start-up’ is running on fresh momentum.
What’s the secret? While a slew of major new clients are tapping the team for their unique blend of expertise, many of North’s "OG" clients are expanding their work with the agency, fuelling organic growth.
We're an agency all about taking risks, thinking big and a true belief that good ideas can come from anywhere.
(And yes, the rumours are true: North is a "No timesheet agency.")
As a Senior Account Manager, you will be working as part of an account team that develops and delivers strategic, creative client programs. Your job is to tell the client’s story and relentlessly pursue the best ROI, with a focus on executing programs and developing client relationships. An essential ingredient of your success is the ability to partner and collaborate with a number of internal and external stakeholders.
We are looking for a passionate team player with strong organizational and leadership abilities. A Creative thinker who can create cross-channel media strategies for our clients and bring to life smart, unique ideas.
In this position, you will be developing and managing digital and social media strategies, programs and teams coupled with a solid understanding of the constantly evolving media landscape.
Some of the amazing work you'll do:
- Building social advertising strategies to support client campaigns; able to place and track ads across social media platforms
- Developing and implementing strategic social media & digital plans to grow client online presence and impact that map back to program KPIs and business goals
- Strong experience with balancing strategy development and executional priorities
- Proficiency in insight gathering and analytics; ability to implement an effective reporting strategy on the metrics that matter to measure content performance and make timely suggestions on how to optimize
- Strong social writing skills; an ability to write effective and engaging social content
- Leading the strategic direction of visual brand content based on client objectives (including video and short format content)
- Leading strategies around customer service-related issues to enhance brand community experience
- Participating in forecasting and managing budgets for a specific set of client accounts; focused on organic growth of existing client base
- Ongoing tracking and implementation of industry & brand best practices
- Leading brainstorming sessions
- Coaching, developing and mentoring junior team members
- Ability to foster strong relationships with Integrated Agency Team partners
- Experience in retail, CGP, or food & beverage is an asset
- Strong client management and leadership skills; ability to manage up and down
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Proactively share industry insights and award-winning work with clients to inform strategy
- Refined understanding of community management
Our successful candidate will possess some of the following attributes below. This is just a starting point – if you feel you don’t meet the suggested experience and/or skills, we still encourage you to apply!
Who you are:
- 7-9 years of experience in a social media or digital agency
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Advertising, Media Studies or a related field
- Excellent cross-functional leadership, presentation and communication skills; dynamic team player
- Shows strong initiative as an entrepreneurial thinker taking independent actions and calculated risks
- Strong proficiency in social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, LinkedIn and Snapchat, etc…), effective measurement frameworks for social programs
- Experience in running social advertising campaigns
- Experience with leveraging social listening tools and leading complex, highly strategic digital engagements
- Strong interpersonal abilities to effectively manage all internal and external relationships, vendors and agency partners
- Superior time management and organizational abilities
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment and work well under pressure
- Influencer relations is an asset
Why North Strategic? Something we’re most proud of at North is our level of employee engagement. Our employees love coming to work, but also see relationships that extend beyond the work week. As a team we celebrate our company and employee milestones and encourage quality time together. We take pride in our entrepreneurial, creative and empowering culture; a result of our strong commitment to employee engagement.
What We’re Offering:
- Meaningful work where you can have a direct impact working on some of the biggest brands out there!
- A culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, growth and collaboration.
- Work with top talent at an award-winning agency on a serious growth trajectory.
- A focused commitment to career development and personal success – let us help you!
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package including substantial time off policies (like really, it’s a big deal).
- Oh, and did we mention the perks?! Parental leave top-up program; annual summer offsites; regular social events; teams and clubs; weekly Pilates and discounted gym membership just to name a few #workperks.
- All staff meetings so you’re always in the know.
To apply for this position, click "I'm Interested" and easily submit your resume. Note that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you very much for your interest in working at North Strategic. We look forward to meeting you!
North Strategic is committed workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.