Network Operations Admin II
- 6021 Connection Drive, Irving, TX
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Responsible for understanding client network requirements and implementation of network services to meet our enterprise requirements. Primary objective is to identify optimal networking and communications solutions that deliver long term capabilities, capacity, reliability and resiliency for the enterprise and clients to successfully maintain and grow business and client operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Network Administrator II level role that involves understanding client and enterprise technical requirements, and deploying optimal networking and connectivity solutions that enable clients and the enterprise to achieve their operational and business goals.
• Required to support technical details for formal project proposals for network connectivity and configurations.
• Day-to-day interaction with internal client teams, providers, equipment suppliers and 3rd party network vendors, to engage their technical resources to perform tasks.
• Role requires on-call support as well as scheduling and attendance for maintenance windows during weekend.
• Resource can expect to routinely be called upon to analyze and interpret traffic and utilization of services on network connections.
• Participation in disaster recovery exercises, pre-production certification testing and troubleshooting events is expected.
• Coordinate internal operations to meet and exceed data communications project expectations (including but not limited to engineering/development, certifications testing, Network and IT Operations, capacity planning and production readiness.
• Accountable for resolving project level, cross-functional, partnership issues and escalations.
• Manage client expectations for data communications connectivity and related services to Epsilon products and applications, throughout project(s) lifecycle. Client expectations include functionality, cost, delivery schedule, support readiness and relationships (usually working directly with senior level technical resources, project managers and business decision makers).
Essential Position Functions:
o High organizational skills
o Ability to handle multi-tasks and meet deadlines
o Ability to work efficiently and productively with minimal direction or guidance
o Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent judgment
o Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner
o Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, with a high level of confidence
o Travel < 10% of the year
o MS Office skills with focus on Visio, Word and Excel
• Education and Experience
o College degree or comparable certification in IT, telecommunications, computer science, or related field preferred.
o Minimum four years of experience required in planning, coordination and implementation of network technology projects.
o Must be experienced in the network troubleshooting of complex multi-vendor geographically separated networks.
o Experience in administrating authentication controls like ACS/ISE (Radius, RSA/SecureID and TACACS+) in the enterprise.
o Experience with implementing and maintaining encryption techniques and standards (3DES, PKI, MD5, SSH, SSL), in a client and site-to-site configuration.
o Must have operational level knowledge and experience in the deployment and maintenance of service provider network routing architectures using protocols such as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, and RIP.
o Advance knowledge in implementing and supporting switched networks, including (VTP, STP, HSRP, trunking, VLANs, port security and monitoring) in a multi-vendor environment.
o Understanding of logical network design including DMZs, WANs, and client connectivity solutions.
o Requires an in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and communication protocols in LAN / MAN / WAN environments.
o Must have hands on experiences in the following protocols/technologies:
Route manipulation (Redistribution, Summarization, Route filtering and Policy Routing), VPN (client and site-to-site), Ethernet Switching: (Cisco IOS, JunOS switch configurations, VLANs/Trunking, Spanning Tree, HSRP/VRRP), IOS features: (PAT ,NAT, SNMP, NetFlow, QoS), Security server protocols (SCP, SFTP, HTTPS, etc.), Traffic filtering, Access lists, Radius, Tacacs+, IOS VPN, IPSec, /ASA firewalls, firewalls, , Solarwinds Orion & NCM, Cisco Routers(ASR, 2900,3900, …), Catalyst 6500, 4500, Nexus, and other model switches, Citrix NetScaler and/or F5 load balancers/GTM, Infoblox DNS,
o This role requires strong communication skills.
o This role requires some project management skills.
o Ability to work with team members globally
o This role also requires operational processes and technical foundations.
o Following certifications are a plus: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, ITIL V3 foundation.
O Knowledge and experience on AWS/Azure cloud technology in a plus
Typical Physical Demands: Requires sitting, standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. May require some heavy lifting (75 pounds’ maximum) and carrying of up to 50 pounds at times. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computer, printer, copier, telephone and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Typical Mental Demands: Able to deal with stress associated with fast-paced work environment. Multiple priorities/tasks. Make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations. Grasp and apply new ideas. Communicate with various personalities at all levels.
Working Conditions: Works in a typical office setting but may be required to perform work in a data center. Occasionally called upon to work hours in excess of your normal daily schedule.
Conclusion: This position description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with this position.
Engineer should be willing to work in 24*7*365 rotational shifts, along with weekend on-call support on rotational basis.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.