- 101 Wood Ln, Shepherd's Bush, London W12 7FA, UK
Publicis Groupe is one of the world's leading communications groups.
The Groupe offers a full range of services and skills: digital, advertising, public affairs, corporate communications and events, media strategy, planning and buying, healthcare communications, and brand asset production. The company is present in 108 countries and employs in excess of 77,000 professionals.
Re:Sources provides shared services to Publicis Groupe agencies including IT, Global Security, Finance, Legal, Treasury, Procurement, Property Services, HR, Payroll and Tax.
- Advise the Publicis Groupe’s UK agencies on all commercial legal aspects of their business, focusing on the digital, data and media practices.
- Coordinate, manage and draft legal responses to new clients’ pitch proposals; review non-disclosure and other new business agreements.
- Review, draft, revise and negotiate services agreements and other commercial contracts (such as Master Service Agreements, Statements of Work, Licences, SaaS agreements) with both clients and vendors;
- Advise on contract and regulatory compliance matters, including data privacy, IP matters, software licensing, advertising compliance and media contractual matters;
- Flexibility and willingness to take on work from other business areas of the Publicis Groupe to ensure that the Re:Sources Legal team can manage the overall workload efficiently and that all members of the Legal team have an understanding of the business as a whole;
- Support the agencies in relation to disputes and litigation resolution and provide internal reports, where needed;
- Support in developing legal precedents and best practices;
- Keep up to date and ensure awareness of current issues affecting the digital consulting, software and systems industry and their implications on client contract negotiations;
- Assist in training agencies as well as members of the legal team on commercial legal considerations in the creative and digital agency space and related approaches.
Ensure a sound understanding of, demonstrate commitment to & comply with all legislation & Publicis Groupe Policies (Janus) relevant to the role & all activities undertaken in that role.
Personal & Team Accountabilities
Actively develop and maintain strong working relationships with legal colleagues and the agency teams and foster a culture of excellent client service within Re:Sources, the agencies and across Publicis Groupe as a whole.
Work collaboratively with the UK and global legal team to share knowledge and maintain the highest legal standards.
Experience/ Qualifications/ Certifications
- Qualified Solicitor (or equivalent) with solid experience, with at least 2 years’ experience in an in-house or law firm environment.
- Good knowledge of commercial contract and IP law;
- Experience of a wide range of commercial contracts;
- Experience of data protection law and compliance;
- Familiarity with digital marketing, consulting, information technology services and advertising business and contracts valued.
Skills (including technology)
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills;
- Strong ability to assess risk, work under pressure and prioritise related issues;
- Demonstration of a pragmatic and commercial approach to legal challenges;
- Good research skills;
- Comfortable using and advising on technology.
- Flexible, collaborative and strong team working skills, with willingness to take on a variety of work;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to articulate legal risks and challenges in an understandable and commercial way;
- Ability to remain resilient and vigilant in a demanding environment;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Curiosity and the desire and ability to grow and build expertise.