Senior Front End Developer
- 1515 N Courthouse Rd, Arlington, VA 22201, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. United by our core values and our purpose of helping people thrive in the brave pursuit of next, our 20,000+ people in 53 offices around the world combine experience across technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession to accelerate our clients’ businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value.
Publicis Sapient is looking for a Senior Front End Developer to join our team who are driven to make a difference. By solving some of today’s toughest challenges, our teams are helping to transform the government in the areas of business, technology and marketing. You will be responsible for building graphically engaging user experiences as well as utilizing out of the box thinking to create new techniques for presenting content and data. As a Senior Front End Developer you’ll be able to work closely with the senior technical architect and take a lead interactive developer/UX role on the application development team. You may also have an opportunity to work closely with our clients, supporting their content and media optimization, as well as looking ahead to what’s next for the enterprise website. The chance to bring your ideas and new thinking to today’s challenges and work in a truly unique work environment is now – it’s at Publicis Sapient.
- Develop interactive client-side applications and functionality across web sites using modern techniques.
- Work in a cross-functional team in various technologies.
- Integrate presentation layer code with CMS technologies.
- When necessary, stand up new instances of web tooling framework.
- Communicate effectively with the creative user experience team and technical development team.
- Create unit tests to ensure visual consistency and proper functionality across releases.
- Ensure cross-browser, cross-platform and multiple device type compatibility and resolve issues.
- Ensure solutions meet 508 accessibility requirements.
- Stay current on web technology trends and innovations and share information with the team.
- Assess existing solutions for usefulness, usability, and coding techniques.
- Work with project leads to define & estimate stories; participate in, and in some cases drive, design solutioning sessions.
- Lead code reviews for front-end development stories.
Your Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of industry experience.
- 5+ years of experience developing large-scale web sites (>1000 pages); experience with web content management systems required.
- Experience working with and maintaining design systems using technologies such as Storybook.
- Hands on experience with state management tools such as Redux/Mobx.
- Expert level of understanding with Node.js based tooling like Webpack, Grunt/Gulp, NPM, ExpressJS, Babel, Create React App, etc.
- Experience producing and consuming RESTful micro-services.
- Experience creating Node.js modules and scripts.
- Experience working with responsive web designs across multiple platforms.
- Experience with unit testing using frameworks such as Mocha, Chai, Enzyme, Cypress, or Jest.
- Experience with behavioral testing using frameworks such as Cucumber.
- Experience with content delivery networks and an understanding of web caching.
- Experience with Drupal CMS preferred.
- Experience with Jenkins and Docker a plus.
- Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams (in a consulting firm or agency preferred).
- Experience with mocking up proof-of-concepts based on wireframes.
- Ability to learn new UI technologies quickly.
- Experience with accessibility-driven design and Section 508 Compliance
- Understanding of SEO and accessibility issues as they relate to the front-end.
- Expert understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
Benefits of Working Here:
- Flexible vacation policy; time is not limited, allocated, or accrued
- 15 paid holidays throughout the year
- Generous parental leave and new parent transition program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Corporate gift matching program
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Sapient is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or you may call us at +1-617-621-0200.