Associate Creative Director, Art
- 375 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014, USA
Heartbeat is the full-service marketing agency for healthcare Challenger Brands. It’s our lifeblood to help these brands overcome their competitive challenges and rise above the expectations. That means we never take the easy road. We are a crew of optimists and activists who believe that “Never Been Done” doesn’t mean “Don’t Ever Do.”
That’s the philosophy, here are the creds: 250+ employees between NYC & LA; strategy, creative, media, & technology under a single roof; a pile of industry awards for our work (Clio, OMMA, MM+M, MANNY) and our agency (4x Best Place to Work from Ad Age & MM+M). We are especially proud of our industry-leading commitment to diversity & inclusion, with recognition from Med Ad News as a D&I Champion.
If you want to surround yourself with partners who are insightful, inventive, and courageous—well, you just hit the motherload.
The Associate Creative Director, Art is responsible for leading the creative work. This leadership role includes assigning teams, inspiring those teams to consistently produce exceptional concepts and final work, and working closely with account management to ensure that our clients are satisfied with the quality of our creative work.
Specifically, the ACD, Art has the following responsibilities:
· Work with the Group Creative Director to address performance, workflow, and quality issues and develop long-range plans for the team.
· Demonstrate to clients that you understand and appreciate their marketing challenges and are responsive to their strategic needs.
· Train new employees on responsibilities and agency procedures, and work with current creative staff to help them achieve professional and personal goals.
· Work with the upper management team to plan and pursue continuing strategic growth of agency billings and participate in new business pitch opportunities.
· Help develop and review creative briefs that provide strategic insight(s) and creative inspiration.
· Inspiring creative teams to produce the best work possible.
· Evaluating concepts, copy and art, at pre-determined points and providing direction prior to review by account management.
· Setting high creative standards that lead to a body of work that creates enthusiastic customers and clients, and is consistently recognized by agency management as on strategy and unique to the healthcare sector.
· Leading the creative efforts on new business assignments, as needed.
· Ensure that creative presentations to the client meet the highest professional standards.
· Manage the workload for assigned book of business to maximize the productivity and quality of work from the creative staff.
· Manage book of business to ensure that the creative team maintains a high percentage of billable hours.
· Help ensure that deadlines and budgets are met.
· 6+ years of agency experience with primarily an Art background
· A proven track record of conceptual creative ability and judgment
· Successful client contact experience and ability to grow business organically
· The ability to work collaboratively with account management
· Excellent presentation skills
· Successful experience in managing creatives
· The availability to travel to meet client and agency needs
· The availability and commitment to work extra hours as needed to ensure client satisfaction
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.