Media Manager, Paid Search (SEM)
- 375 Hudson Street, New York, NY
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention; to care more about our clients’ brands; and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
The Manager, Paid Search is the day-to-day steward of paid search media for assigned brands and is responsible for leading campaign development, activation, and innovation. The Manager is expected to apply search mastery to deliver against the client(s) goals. They will work closely with their Associate Director in the development and communication of all strategy while owning tactical execution. In addition, the Manager is responsible for day-to-day management of the Search Analyst(s), including both project management to ensure timely delivery of tasks and career development.
- Contribute to account strategy including annual budget development, KPIs, partner selection, new tactics, and tracking industry developments
- Gather the research and data needed to formulate tactical plan development and recommendation for client delivery
- Lead client relationship with day to day contact and partner agencies (where applicable) by ensuring a seamless communication process
- Provide direction to Analyst(s) to conduct research necessary to build a new campaign
- QA and oversee trafficking of approved plan into search platforms
- Maintain oversight of budget and billing activity (pacing, Prisma management, draft billing, accuracy of budgets vs. strategy flowcharts)
- Oversee Analyst(s) management of campaign budgets, pacing, and bid adjustments
- Develop and recommend optimizations and/or testing plans
- Pull data and research components needed for new business pitches
- Contribute to development of agency level POVs on industry happenings
- Primary party responsible for customization of agency POVs for individual clients
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of paid search media experience, ideally in an agency environment
- Mastery of search platforms
- Demonstrated expertise in core MS Excel functions (vlookup, pivot tables, data visualization)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Presentation skills are a must
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent project management and organization skills
- Ability to work successfully with teams on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Proven leadership ability
- Demonstrates initiative/”hunger”
- Collaborative approach/attitude
- Certifications in search platforms (Google Ads, Microsoft Ads)
- Experience in search platforms preferred – i.e. SA360, Kenshoo
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.