- Vermundsgade 40A, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark, Copenhagen, Denmark
About Publicis Sapient
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get digitally enabled, both in the way they work and how they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting, and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. As digital pioneers with 20,000 people and 53 offices worldwide, our experience spanning technology, data sciences, consulting, and customer obsession – combined with our culture of curiosity and relentlessness – enables us to accelerate our clients' businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value. Publicis Sapient is the digital business transformation hub of Publicis Groupe. For more information, visit publicissapient.com.
We are now looking for a Data Engineer who is passionate about data and digital transformation to impact changing industries and businesses.
As a Data Engineer within our Data Engineering team, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of high end software products and services that enables the enterprise scale digital transformation of many of the biggest companies in the world.
Your role will be focused on delivering solutions that leverage large scale data ingestion, processing, storage/querying, in-stream & batch analytics. As part of a team, you will deliver world-class solutions designed by our senior architects by estimating, designing, coding, testing, deploying and ensuring scalability and performance using the latest frameworks and platforms
You will also be involved in building technology prototypes for validation and assess technical designs for functional & non-functional completeness.
As a hands-on technologist with a strong programming background you will be excited to join a super talented and supportive community of Data Engineers who are passionate about building the best possible solutions for our clients and endorse a culture of life-long learning and collaboration.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Good experience with Data related technologies including Big Data and data-related Cloud services (AWS / Azure / GCP)
- Good Hands on experience in at least one distributed data processing framework e.g. Spark (Core, Streaming, SQL), Storm, Flink etc
- Expertise with one or more of Java (preferable) Scala and Python programming languages
- Good experience with API development
- Good data modelling experience to address scale and read/write performance
- Hands-on working knowledge of NoSQL and MPP data platforms like Hbase, MongoDb, Cassandra, AWS Redshift, Azure SQLDW, GCP BigQuery etc.
- Working knowledge of data platform related services on at least 1 Cloud platform to cover IAM and data security
- Hands-on skills building DevOps pipelines for data solutions, including automated testing
Set Yourself Apart With:
- Sound awareness of the larger data technology ecosystem, including Hadoop, open-source frameworks as well as cloud services across batch and stream processing
- Experience of tuning and optimizing big data solutions
- Experience of data security (at-rest/in-transit)
- Knowledge of distributed messaging frameworks like ActiveMQ / RabbiMQ / Solace/ Kafka, search & indexing and * Microservices architectures
- Exposure to data governance, catalog, lineage and associated tools
- A certification in one or more cloud platforms or big data technologies
- Demonstrated active participation in the Data Engineering thought community (e.g., blogs, key note sessions, POV/POC, hackathons)
Benefits of Working Here:
- We work with cutting-edge technology which has always been part of our DNA and we want our employees to define what technologies our clients use next
- We provide many learning opportunities to deepen your skillset and to support your professional growth
- We put the well-being of our people first and organize various health initiatives
- We offer you a vibrant workplace culture with many different community events throughout the year
The entire PS community is working remote as we navigate the COVID-19 global health crisis together. Our recruiting procedures have been adjusted to ensure the health and safety of our candidates and our people remain a priority. All of our interviews are now taking place via phone and video conferencing. Thank you very much for your understanding.