Senior Frontend Developer (Remote)
- 101 N Upper Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
About the Opportunity
The Senior Front End Developer’s primary responsibility is to code high-performance websites for our enterprise clients. These will include websites, mobile web apps, intranets, commerce solutions, and community sites.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver complete solutions within realistic budget and schedule requirements.
- Write code and develop engaging digital experiences
- Troubleshoot development and production issues across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports the team in writing documentation and building tools to enhance productivity.
- Update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Strong experience writing semantic HTML5 markup.
- Strong experience with CSS pre-processors (SASS or LESS).
- Strong knowledge of techniques and tools for performance optimization (YSlow, PageSpeed, DevTools).
- Strong experience with source control tools (Git, SVN, etc.) and development workflow methodologies (e.g., git-flow).
- Experience with Photoshop and optimizing images for web.
- Strong experience with browser testing and debugging. Understanding of all major browsers and the special considerations required for their various quirks.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Strong sense of visual design (while you may not be an expert with Photoshop or Illustrator, you still have an eye for aesthetics).
- Strong sense of good user experience (UX).
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ years professional experience
- Experience with unit testing and testing frameworks (Mocha, Chai, Jasmine, etc.) a plus.
- Experience writing code in at least one server-side technology (Python, PHP, .NET, Java, NodeJS, etc.) a plus
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.