- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
As a Strategist your main job is to support the day-to-day strategic function of the team while activitely mastering key skills of the craft. This position is all about being proactive, inquisitive, eager to contribute, and taking ownership of tasks and assignments. You’ll be expected to take the lead on some projects and play a supporting role on others. As a member of the team, you will also have more opportunities to contribute to the voice of the team via category relevant thought-leadership (trends and POVs).
Skills To Master:
· Learning the Art of Brief Writing: From interrogating business objectives to identifying the resistance facing the shopper, category, and brand – mastering the nuance of brief development is critical. You will be expected to assist early on in the development process – pulling and/or conducting primary and secondary research, mining data, and utilizing third party tools as required.
· Build your Tribe: Forge healthy relationships with your strategy, creative, and account peers across the agency. Peer interaction is an important aspect of this role. You should be learning how to influence creative ideas and fuel the creative process. You should also strive to better understand how to collaborate with and support your account counterparts (AAE and AE).
· Expand and Flex your Category Expertise: Providing sound strategic guidance and having an inquisitive mindset will position you for success in this role. As a Strategist, you should be focused on learning the ins and outs of the business, shopper and have a relentless curiousity rooted in finding ways to impact the behaviors circling the category and consumer.
· Thought-Leadership: Staying abreast of trends, shifts in consumer behavior, and emerging competitive challenges to the landscape will allow you to solidify your value to the team. You will be expected to contribute to the development of POVs, competitive audits, and agency thought pieces that reinforce Arc’s Irresistible Commerce positioning.
· Research Chops: Supporting figure in the design and execution of research (qualt + quant) projects including: learning how to manage vendor relationships, writing screeners, and crafting discussion guides.
How to Thrive:
Raise your Hand: Things can move pretty fast around here. Raising your hand illustrates your willingness to learn and grow. Stay engaged, find ways to extend your contribution to the team, and approach every moment with a eagerness to learn and grow.
Be Inquisitive: Curiousity is the foundation of all great strategic thinkers. You should be both a sponge and an influencer on your team - asking questions, seeking and sharing interesting information, and being brave enough to challenge yourself to learn what you don’t know.
Manage Up: While this role will provide some opportunity to work more independently and take ownership of projects, use your manager as a sounding board. This means knowing when to elevate a problem, ask for guidance, get a second set of eyes on something, but always come to the table with a proposed solution.
Mentor the Next Generation: As a Strategist, you have a fresh perspective on what it takes to make the next leap in your career. Seek out the Associate Strategists on the team and be their sounding board, as you were in their shoes not too long ago!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.