SVP Finance Director Commerce
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
FOUNDED IN 1926, PUBLICIS GROUPE IS THE 3RD LARGEST COMMUNICATIONS GROUP IN THE WORLD. THROUGH A POWERFUL ALCHEMY OF CREATIVITY AND TECHNOLOGY, WE ARE DRIVING BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION ACROSS THE ENTIRE VALUE CHAIN.
Publicis Groupe US is the first market of the Group, where all its capabilities are represented. We are hiring an SVP Finance Director for our Commerce – shopper marketing division, part of the Creative pillar of our US portfolio.
The Commerce Agencies
The SVP FD Commerce will be responsible for the agencies included in the Commerce division. Together these agencies drive revenue of ~ usd100m. The agencies are primarily located in Chicago, Cincinnati and Northwest Arkansas, servicing blue chip clients of the FMCG and fast food chain sectors.
He or She will partner with the agencies’ leadership team to drive/influence the strategy and provide all necessary guidance from a financial standpoint to maximize profitability, delivering/exceeding commitment objectives, as well as deliver, together with agency ELTs, agency’s non-financial goals (DE&I, training, Mental health initiatives…).
Position based in Chicago - Travels may be required.
The purpose of this role is to provide financial and operational guidance and support to the Commerce agencies part of the Creative Group. The Finance Director has overall responsibility for agency financial reporting, budgeting and cost management and is responsible for maintaining a strong internal control environment across all financial operations, supported by the Business intelligence team. The Finance Director reports directly to the Creative Group CFO, and is a finance strategic partner of the Commerce Agencies leadership.
Financial Operations – Work with business unit management to maximize profitability and optimize processes and workflows
• Provide financial counsel to management to assess financial risk/benefit of operational initiatives and actions
• Provide “what if” analysis to management, with corresponding financial impact
• Work closely on compensation methodology, client contracts, client profitability analysis and implementation of consistent processes and methodologies with finance team
• Assist management and account teams with development of commercial pricing (ie, functional hourly rates, asset based pricing, value at risk pricing models, etc) and support by working and dealing directly with clients
• Ensure that all contracts (current and future) are legally and financially sound; this involves the ability to defend the interests of the agency when dealing with procurements, suppliers, clients and prospects
• Provide operational analysis and develop action plans for management (ie client profitability, capacity management, etc)
• Liaise with Shared Service Center for key operational areas (ie, Real Estate, Supplier Procurement, Legal, Treasury, etc)
Financial Reporting – Ensure that monthly reporting is performed accurately, completely and timely
• P&L ownership of the commerce division,
• Review transactional accounting performed by Shared Business Intelligence (BI) department Partner with BI controller for all matters linked to Job management, billing, financial reporting and control, FP&A and client reporting.
• Perform all subjective areas of financial reporting, particularly revenue recognition and provisions for risks & charges
• Ensure that all financial reporting is performed in according with Publicis Groupe Corporate Policies and Procedures (“Janus”)
• Ensure performance of and compliance with Financial Monitoring Controls
• Lead any internal and external audit with the support of the US Controller (BI)
• Perform monthly analysis and submit reports to BU, Regional and Global management
Financial Planning & Analysis – Anticipate risks and initiate actions to achieve financial objectives
• Prepare the annual business plan, taking into account business initiatives and financial targets
• Analyze actual performance against key benchmarks and highlight to management any areas requiring action
• Prepare rolling forecasts to maintain visibility on full year financial performance
• Participate to the practice revenue reporting for the US Groupe Commerce practice.
• Leadership and Business Acumen
• Strategic Agility
• Decision Quality
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Customer Focus
• P&L ownership, result oriented
• Desire to learn and grow in his/her role - Change agent mindset
• Developing Direct Reports
• Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
• Must be able to maintain professionalism when addressing issues and problems involving a variety of people.
• Self motivator, out of the box thinker with passion to drive reengineering throughout Finance
• Excellent system, interpersonal and communication skills.
• At least 10 years financial management experience in a Public Company
• Advanced finance related credentials preferred (i.e. CPA, MBA, Masters)
• Appropriate industry experience, including extensive client and executive interaction
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
• Ability to anticipate
• Ability to lead and establish relationships across all teams within the Agency
• Highly organized and able to work according to fixed calendar cycles
• Good sense of urgency and ownership.
• Management of Client Finance Managers/Directors
• Create presentations for key executives
• System integration (financial and business)
• Assist the Creative Group CFO with special projects as needed