Director, Media Technology
- 375 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014, USA
- Employees can work remotely
PHM is the leading health media agency in the US. We are designed for—and dedicated to—delivering best-in-class solutions that connect people with meaningful health and wellness solutions every day. Guided by our genuine passion for health and wellness, our work across the entire media ecosystem helps real patients navigate the most pivotal moments of their healthcare journeys.
At PHM, we sit squarely at the intersection of Publicis Health, the largest Healthcare Communications network in the world, and Publicis Media, the number one buyer of media in the US. This gives us access to talent, technology and data to help us deliver the market-leading solutions that give our clients true competitive advantage.
While we have grown to be the No. 1 agency in our industry, at heart we're still a startup. It's that energy and spirit of innovation that allows us to create bold and meaningful "health media firsts" for our clients, and to do it all with #phmlove.
At Publicis Health, we are united around one purpose: to create a world where people are equipped and motivated to take control of their health. We transform healthcare marketing and communications into healthcare engagement. We believe healthcare marketing is healthcare, fostering healthy conversations, healthy behaviors and healthy people.
The Media Technology Director is responsible for keeping up to date with and evaluating new technologies while using them to create and shape media implementation and optimization strategies. The Director is also involved in the staffing and process development within the agency for the whole department.
· Advanced ability to identify potential risks, to proactively problem solve and to create efficiencies
· Expert understanding of MS Office Suite
· Expert in Excel
· Expert project management skills, time management skills and process development & integration
· Advanced knowledge of all media categories (Planning, SEO, SEM, Technology, etc.)
· Intermediate knowledge and familiarity of key players in the market
· Ensures adherence to and drives best practices for brands regarding researching, discussing and analyzing new technology
· Responsible for seamless implementation and rollout of new systems and processes
· Ability to relate and recommend how consumer insights drive which technology to use (mobile apps, different types of targeting, non-standard media, etc.)
· Foresee strategy and activation of selling and implementation (scope, staffing, etc.) through technology solution
· Predict client needs based on industry news
· Proactively look for new opportunities to recommend (i.e. Evolving Technology)
· Identify and determine any potential need to develop proprietary technology (also determine if it's an agency investment vs. paid by the client)
· Identified as a leader in developing or overseeing clear, impactful strategies
· Develop Media Technology opportunities (i.e. build team)
· Active resource to Product Managers for technology vendors
· Attend industry conferences
· Identify opportunities to propose and establish people or systems solutions and expand across teams (i.e. outsourcing)
· Proactively share learnings across clients to senior leads and provide opportunities for enhancement to be applied across the agency
· Foster a team environment that focuses on resolving issues with the utmost maturity and professionalism
· Owns the client and procurement relationship on assigned brands
· Works closely with the client and procurement to identify areas of improvement in process and efficiencies
· Continuously push clients to look at new technologies and/or strategies
· Comfortable in presenting and leading large groups
· Command a room and steer conversation toward/away from specific topics
· Ability to predict client's future expectation and opportunity to increase scope
· Passion for technology
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Exhibits integrity and trust
· Exhibits self-development
· Adherence to agency procedures (on-time and accurate timesheets, GDPs, 360 feedback)
· Desire to help others grow in their career through mentorship and feedback
· Ability to interface with all staff levels across the agency and clients
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Previous people management required
· 6-7+ years’ experience required
· Ownership of work streams across the capability and with other capabilities
· Proven ability to successfully lead teams across multiple accounts
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.