Associate Media Director
- 1675 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, USA
Heartbeat is the full-service agency for healthcare Challenger Brands. So what? So… Challengers are playing a high-stakes game—they must battle behemoth market leaders, upend ingrained treatment habits, or transform a “me-too” product into “yes-please” product. That means we never take the easy road. We are a crew of optimists and activists who believe that “Never Been Done” doesn’t mean “Don’t Ever Do.”
A culture-first, creative community, Heartbeat’s been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by both Ad Age and MM&M. We take a lot of pride in that. Heartbeaters are thinkers and doers with healthcare roots and an appetite for fresh perspectives. We chase after challenges with ingenuity and guts, always striving for better. So if you want to surround yourself with partners who are insightful, inventive, and courageous—well, you just hit the motherload.
That’s the philosophy, here are the creds: 200 employees between NYC & LA; strategy, creative, media, & technology under a single roof; a pile of awards from the likes of the Mannys, MM&M, OMMA, & Clio, not to mention Agency of the Year nominations galore. And led by a President who dared to be quoted: “We celebrate people who stand up and say, ‘You know what? This is dumb.'” Damn straight.
- Lead accounts across integrated media strategy, planning and buying
- Work alongside internal teams (Client Services, Production, Creative, Strategy) to develop well rounded plans and strategy that align with the client’s marketing direction and brand goals
- Responsible for directing the core planning team to help fuel their learning and advancement. Lead by example to ensure they understand various media channels, and their applications against client strategies and goals.
- Maintains thorough, up-to-date client relationships, including knowledge of client’s business (market share, business priorities, key competitor strategies, etc.).
- Establish and grow client relationships by demonstrating an understanding of industry and client business issues
- Report into a Media Director or Group Director, keeping them abreast of day-to-day status and flagging and elevating any concerns.
- Manage team of supervisors / planners / assistant planners across multiple accounts
- Drive innovative, forward thinking solutions to client business problems
Campaign Execution & Maintenance
- Monitors campaign timelines to ensure proper progression of media buys, such as timely issuance and receipt of client authorizations, delivery of paperwork to vendors, specs to creative agencies, delivery of creative assets to vendors, etc.
- Responsible for overseeing creation and maintenance of insertion orders and placement of advertising with media vehicles.
- Using multiple sources of external data, perform campaign analysis directly relevant to, and to assist in, optimizations, planning, and/or buying decisions.
- Monitors media for pacing, delivery, placement, and flight-date discrepancies and negotiates credit or billing adjustments when necessary.
- Maintain the workload of the team across brands, delegating tasks and monitoring individual responsibilities to ensure the most effective use of individual and team skills. Mentor and delegate to Supervisor and Media Planners to grow their knowledge base and expand individual management skills.
- Active in research for competitive presentations and audience analysis for plan building
- Extensive understanding of marketing concepts, specifically in the pharmaceutical and patient markets
- Experience in Pharma media planning across all media channels, online/offline, traditional and emerging channels
- A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, manage teams, and supervise professionals
- At least 5-6 years experience at a media agency, with integrated hands-on planning experience (including buying, implementation, analytics, and optimization).
- Experience managing a Media Supervisor and/or Media Planner
- Working knowledge of ad servers, MRI, Kantar Stradegy, Google Analytics required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize with multiple projects and clients with different timelines and deliverables.
- A proven track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound creative, strategic, and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong interpersonal/professional relationship with employees, vendors, clients, etc.
- Demonstrated command of Media Research resources, capabilities and limitations.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of consumer insights and how to put insights into action.
- Strong attention to detail.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.