Associate, Finance- Revenue Analyst
- 40 Water St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. United by our core values and our purpose of helping people thrive in the brave pursuit of next, our 20,000+ people in 53 offices around the world combine experience across technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession to accelerate our clients’ businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value.
The Revenue Analyst will report and analyze the monthly revenue of a region within Publicis Sapeint. The Revenue Analyst is responsible for monthly revenue calculations and reconciliations of related accounts using Oracle Financials as part of the monthly financial close process. The Revenue Analyst will also review and analyze client contracts for proper revenue recognition treatment. In addition to the revenue calculation process will also be involved in forecast variance analysis. The successful candidate will work closely with people across the organization to understand revenue accounting issues and perform assigned financial analyses.
- Execute month-end close processes including revenue calculations and analysis, creation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and review and adjustment of revenue related accounts
- Provide revenue oversight, guidance, problem resolution and training to various teams across the company, including project teams, finance staff, and corporate legal team
- Read and interpret PublicisSapient’s client contracts and determine appropriate accounting treatment in accordance with relevant guidance and ensure proper set-up in Oracle
- Revenue forecast/actual variance creation and analysis.
- Work with financial operations team to analyze and research variances between actual revenue results and forecasted amounts
- Provide finance management with various analyses of revenue and related balance sheet impacts as needed.
- Ensure compliance with established internal controls, policies and procedures, and established business processes and suggest areas for process improvement
- Coordinate overall client health inputs with other Revenue people to provide picture to management
- Assist with billing and collections issues as needed and identify situations where revenue or receivables are at risk
· 1 - 3 years of related work experience in either a revenue accounting or general accounting role
· Experience creating and interpreting ad hoc financial analysis
· Ability to research and resolve basic to complex revenue related accounting issues including application of IFRS accounting standards and company policy
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to understand and infer relationships between metrics and operational and financial processes
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
· Work well under pressure and deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
· Strong Excel experience required, including work with pivot tables and advanced formulas
· Oracle Project Accounting a plus
· Effective communication skills to various levels of management
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Sapient is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or you may call us at +1-617-621-0200.