Account Executive, Social Media and Influencer Marketing
- 445 King St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1K4, Canada
A three-time SABRE Canadian Agency of the Year winner (2015, 2016, 2019) North has achieved unprecedented success since launching in 2011. North disrupts the industry with its approach to PR, influencer, social and digital, establishing itself as a Canadian agency leader.
Where other agencies begin to stagnate, North has found the sweet spot between boutique and large agency: this ‘nine-year-old start-up’ is running on fresh momentum.
What’s the secret? While a slew of major new clients are tapping the team for their unique blend of expertise, many of North’s "OG" clients are expanding their work with the agency, fuelling organic growth.
We're an agency all about taking risks, thinking big and a true belief that good ideas can come from anywhere.
(And yes, the rumours are true: North is a "No timesheet agency.")
As an Account Executive you will be working as part of a collaborative account team that develops and delivers strategic, creative client programs. Your job is to tell the client’s story and relentlessly pursue the best ROI, with a focus on driving exciting content across all brand social platforms to influence, inspire, educate and engage your audience on a variety of topics.
An essential ingredient of your success is the ability to partner and collaborate with several internal and external stakeholders. We’re looking for a passionate team player with a strategic mindset who can create cross-channel media strategies for our clients.
- Help develop fully integrated communications including social media and influencer programs for world-class brands
- Assist with social advertising strategies to support client campaigns
- Experience and passion for creating and executing Influencer Marketing programs
- Manage multiple facets of client programs including research and insights, strategy development, campaign and creative execution, social advertising, analytics, and reporting
- Project manage and coordinate elements of campaigns
- Leverage metrics and research where appropriate to define and track performance against client objectives
- Write social media posts, internal/external emails, client communications and other communications
- Develop & track editorial calendars for Brand Channels and live event coverage
- Contribute to the direction of visual brand content based on client objectives (including video and short format content) working with our creative team
- Ongoing tracking of industry & brand best practices
- Participate in agency-wide brainstorming sessions
Our successful candidate will possess some of the following attributes below. This is just a starting point – if you feel you don’t meet the suggested experience and/or skills, we still encourage you to apply!
Who you are:
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a social media or Influencer agency
- Genuine curiosity about how technology and innovation affects how we communicate and evolves social behaviors
- Bachelor’s & post-graduate degree in Communications, Advertising, Media Studies or a related field
- Passionately committed to collaboration
- Excellent cross-functional leadership, presentation and communication skills; dynamic team player
- Shows strong initiative as an entrepreneurial thinker taking independent actions and calculated risks
- Superior time management and organizational abilities
- Strong proficiency in social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, WhatsApp, Snap, TikTok etc.), effective measurement frameworks for social programs
- Strong interpersonal abilities to effectively manage internal and external relationships, vendors and agency partners that align to your responsibilities
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment and work well under pressure
- Skilled at analyzing data, deriving insights and building recommendations to help evolve client work
- Refined understanding of community management
- Proficiency in Photoshop is an asset
Why North Strategic? Something we’re most proud of at North is our level of employee engagement. Our employees love coming to work, but also see relationships that extend beyond the work week. As a team we celebrate our company and employee milestones and encourage quality time together. We take pride in our entrepreneurial, creative and empowering culture; a result of our strong commitment to employee engagement.
What We’re Offering:
- Meaningful work where you can have a direct impact working on some of the biggest brands out there!
- A culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, growth and collaboration.
- Work with top talent at an award-winning agency on a serious growth trajectory.
- A focused commitment to career development and personal success – let us help you!
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package including substantial time off policies (like really, it’s a big deal).
- Oh, and did we mention the perks?! Parental leave top-up program; annual summer offsites; regular social events; teams and clubs; weekly Pilates and discounted gym membership just to name a few #workperks.
- All staff meetings so you’re always in the know.
To apply for this position, click "I'm Interested" and easily submit your resume. Note that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you very much for your interest in working at North Strategic. We look forward to meeting you!
North Strategic is committed workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.